Panasonic DMR-ES10 Failures with DVD-RW Disks

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 21
This is my second DMR-ES10, I returned the first one after 3 weeks to Best Buy because it failed numerous times when recording tv programs to DVD-RW disks. Now I'm having the same problem with this one and it's only 3 mos. old. It does fine with DVD-RAM and DVD-R disks. But I get numerous failures when using DVD-RW. After it fails to complete a tv recording I'm not even able to re-format the disk. I have tried two different brands of -RW disks, Fuji and Memorex. It doesn't happen all the time but enough to make it annoying, I can't trust the disks. Are all DVD-RW disk this unstable or is my second machine also broke ?
Thanks, Chuck

Unregistered guest
I have a ES-10 and have used the -RW so far no problems. However I have read another posting on another board who has the same problem. I normally use a Phillips for RW as they do not need to be finalized to use in another recorder. I am going to concentrate on using my ES10 for the same in parallel to see if this happens over a period of time. So far I have had no failures on any of the + or - R's I have done. I hope I can get this set up so I can get back to you on what I find.

Anonymous

as far as i know panosonic dvd recorders do not record properly onto dvd/rw discs only dvd- or ram

Unregistered guest
I just today used a reformated fuji RW and completed a 3 hour recording of Imus in the Morning. It played fine in the ES10 and after finalizing it did the same in a Sony player. I will continue using the same disk, reformating and recording each morning for the week and post the results. I do know older Panasonic DVD recorders will only do -R's and the Ram Disks as I have one with the built in VCR for which I overpaid for it. I can buy 2 ES10's for what I paid for it. I do not use the Ram disk as very few other players and recorders use them. That is why they give them when you buy their recorders. Now I have about 30 of these and not used one of them yet. Oh, the fuji's I use are Version 1.1 up to 2x write speed.

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 24
As Ronnybuck pointed out it works quite well, and it should, it says it does.
Chuck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us