Problem with Sony DAV-S400

Alex462
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have a big Problem with my Home Theatre System (Sony DAV-S400). For some reason it thinks I have headphones plugged in, even when I don't. I tried everything, even opened the case and disconnected the line from the headphone jack. nothing helped. I think maybe it is a glitch in the software.
Please help me, I have a surround system with 6 speakers, and get no sound out of them.
Thanks,
Alex

psg38
Unregistered guest
i have exactly same prob , hasn't has sound for year . can u let me know if yo found out the cause

Username: Mcdonada

Newcastle , North tyneside United kingdom

Post Number: 1
I have a Problem with my Home Theatre System (Sony DAV-S400).It seems to think I always have the headphones plugged in showing HP theatre on the display this will not clear to the other settings. Headphones have never been plugged into my system can anyone help?
Cheers
Darren

gem_1230
Unregistered guest
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with my DAV S400 system.

It has also been discussed here: http://www.reviewcentre.com/vt102169_start10_orderasc.html

Seems to be a common problem with the system, wonder if Sony are aware of this?

Bernie1
Unregistered guest
I also have the same problem! Has anyone found a solution yet?

A. van Berkel
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem. It is caused by loose soldering joints on the amplifier print. I opened the case and soldered all loose joints again. Now it works quite well again.
It seems this is a common problem with the DAV-S400.

Mark 1
Unregistered guest
Mines only 2 years old, not used all that much and I've got exactly the same problem as all the others. Seems the only solution is DIY or a costly service. It's clearly a design or manufacturing flaw, and a shame Sony pretend it's not. One buys Sony becasue one is lead to believe the quality is higher....

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem with mine,the system says thet the headphones are pluged in.I have sent a email complaining to sony .I hve said that it is a common fault with it ,as I have read 26 complaints about it so far on the internet.Let's see if I get a response (yeah right)..........

Unregistered guest
absolutely the same problem. it really is a shame that sony sells products like this.

Mark 1
Unregistered guest
Slightly good news. Took mine to Sony Shop; Total cost to repair £62. Not good but could have been worse...

Anonymous

Mine had exactly the same problem, ie. it was stuck in "headphone mode", this mode should be active when headphones are attached then it should revert to amplifier mode when the headphones are removed.
I opened the cover and removed the amplifier output board (the one where the speaker wires connect to) and soldered the following dry joints.
1) large brown capacitor on the amp output board.
2) dry joints on the rear headphone socket (the one that has the connecting lead from the front headphone socket)
3) Then one of the surround channels didn't work so I soldered further dry joints on all the coils (white vertical rectangular blocks)
I tested all surround chanels before putting the lid back on (careful, watch the mains) and found all was now working ok.
This goes to show the poor Sony build quality on this model - don't buy for the name buy for the build quality & sound quality - thumbs down to Sony for this very poor QA.

Sammy-broughton
Unregistered guest
Sony DAV s400 - same problem, won't play though speakers and display indicates that headphones are plugged in - when they are not. Fairly easy to fix and took me less than an hour from start to finish:
1) Remove top cover
2) Remove circuit board that has Audio In/Out phono scockets (to get access to Amplifier Circuit Board)
3) Remove Amplifier circuit board (has the speakers attached)
4) Turn it over and remove copper heat shield
5) Resolder joints where the big brown capacitor is and where the wires go to the front headphone socket...and any other dodgy joints that you find
6) Reassemble.

A hilton
Unregistered guest
i have exactly the same fault
ai phoned sony who are aparently unaware of the fault
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us