Denon DVD2200 : YOUR IMPRESSIONS!

Bronze Member
Username: Quartzdesign

Post Number: 14
I just upgraded my POS HK DVD50 that died on me. I ended up buying a Denon DVD 2200. I was originally going to get a Marantz DV6400 but couldn't beat the Denon's price.

Does anyone here have any comments on the Denon as far as picture quality vs other players and it's SACD playback?

thanks,

steveo

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 128
hey steve if you do a search for the denon 2200
you will find a lot people liking the unit.

including myself. several people call this one
the best bang for the buck in universal players
that you can get.

if your looking for some insight into the video
quality there is an pretty indepth comparision
of pretty much all the progressive scan dvd
players out there on thehometheaterspot.com

hear is a link http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=all

there is a lot of good info there and i mean a lot.

anyways everyone that i have seen who has gotten
one of these players loves it.

i comparred to a lot of other units including
the marantz and for me the deneon beat it on
every catagory.

dvd-a and sacd sound great the video is awsome to

Anonymous

hi steve, i got the DEN 2200 for about 2 1/2 months now and very content w/ it. the reason why i ended up w/ this is i bought this DEN 2200 a SAM HD 931 and SONY 555ES (to pair w/ my 70xbr950) at the same time and did an A/B test. no matter what kind of mode i do (progressive, DVI w/ monster dvi cable on the SAM and non progressive mode) the DEN always comes out better. try Gladiator chap 14, the layer change is non excistent w/ DEN and SAM while SONY is about 4 sec. on chap 15 arena battle, watch for the jitters on the backround and it seems like, the SONY keeps on refocusing while DEN and SAM were solid. on the SAM DVI issue, it came out dark and a little bit washout and i have to almost raise the brightness of my TV so there's no point of getting SAM if I won't be able to use DVI. the only problem that i encountered w/ DEN was its seems to be sensitive on scratch so it starts to freeze and pause the video.

Silver Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 179
All reviews I've read on the 2200 and 2900 are very favourable. So too was a review on the Marantz 6400 but I cannot find anywhere where it states having a DSD chip for SACD processing whereas the Denons and the Marantz 8400 do. If there is no DSD decoding then the signals are sent as pcm which is not true SACD. But I may be wrong - just can't find the info.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Thanks guys for the additional info. I did some research online before I made my purchase. I heard all the great reviews but I think the "average" person's experiences weigh more heavily with me.

I think it comes UPS Friday, so it'll be a good weekend!

-Steveo

Silver Member
Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 131
There is a good review of the Denon DVD-2200 in the Audio Amps thread. Try here https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/17140.html

Anonymous

well, good luck and we hope you'll be happy with it just as we are.
best bang for the buck ($470.00)

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
Price Alert:

Refurbished Denon 2200, 2900 and 5900 units are trickling into the market.

Ecost, an authorized Denon B-stock dealer, recently had the 2200 for around $300, the 2900 for around $500 and the 5900 for around $1,000. However, they sold out fairly quickly.

If you're not adverse to buying a refurbished unit, you should contact Ecost to see if more units are expected. They come with a 90-day manufacturer's part and labor warranty.

Anonymous

well, got mine at ultimate electronics w/c is an authorize dealer for $470.00

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Anonymous,

That's a fantastic price for an A-stock Denon 2200 with a full warranty. The Denon players are definitely worth their selling price IMO. However, they are beyond the budget of some folks, who otherwise would buy one. The refurbished option may be an alternative for them. Just trying to pass on helpful information.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I ordered mine for $459 at etronics. It's a b!tch of a wait though! I ordered friday and it still hasn't shipped!

Bronze Member
Username: Oknessad

Post Number: 21
hey steve... I just bought a dvd50... What was wrong with yours? I read the reviews and it sounded like a good player plus it has HDCD decoding (DVD-A is next on my list...) I only paid 100 bucks for it and I'm upgrading from a pioneer 525 (which was/is a nice player but no progressive scan for my new HDTV). I'd be interested to hear what you or others have to say about the HK DVD50.

Thanks
Jace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us