Looking to buy samsung dlp? Smart move?

Username: K4lnamja

Post Number: 2
I'm looking to buy this Samsung - HL-R5087W. Its the new ones on the stand. I already have a 52" mitsu diamond series big screen and was contemplating on a plasma but decided on this instead. Since many of your have knowledge or are experts when it comes to this type of technology and brand, what is your take on them? Would you purchase one? Please, all feedback is welcome. THANKS!

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 81
I'm not an expert by any means, but I am on this board quite a bit trying to know what to buy should my TV give out. It quit on me about two years ago and I didn't have a clue as to what to buy so I paid to have it fixed. By being here and other boards I thought I would know exactly what to buy should the old one quit again. I am pretty sure I would buy a Samsung HL-R5067 right now if mine quit.

My daughter and her fiancee have had a Samsung 50" DLP for about two years now and have had no trouble whatsoever.

Keep reading this board and others and you will see that there are many problems with all the different technologies. It's a tough choice, but you need to educate yourself before making a purchase. Read everything you can and you will be even more confused. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Username: K4lnamja

Post Number: 3
Thank you Jim for your comment. My buddy, who is a manager at Good Guys, is going to sell me this at a VERY agressive price b/c the company is going out of business. It is so agressive that its something I dont think I should pass up. I like the look of the television and the picture. I'm about 99% sure I will get this but who knows. Thank you again.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 164
Consider the purchase of an Extended warranty.

You may also want to see if you can find a user that goes by FYI, and or DLP4me!...

He seems to know alot about the Samsungs.

Here's FYI https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/board-profile.pl?action=view_profile&prof ile=fyi-users
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us