Spitting signal to 2 recievers

frustrated
Unregistered guest
I have a dish 500/dual LNB. We have tried 2 diferent splitters & spoke with Dish Tecks. We tried splitting inside before & after the first reciever. We get black screen on one tv & aquiring sat sig on the other. What kind of spitter do we need/ what are we doing wrong? Should we be spitting outside from the dish> Thanks CG

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 304
What type of receivers are U suing...FTA (free to air)...or dishnet/Echostar with plastic cards?

What type LNB's...legacy or Dish pro?

Which LNB's?...Twin (2 heads in 1 unit) or Dual (single head)

Which type "splitters" have U tried?

The acquiring signal means that there is a hardware issue such as bad LNB alignment,bad cable,connections,or even bad LNB..

frustrated
Unregistered guest
Thrill..
Recievers are an old 100,with card, the other is a 311 /no card. the LNB i think is a legacy...2 into 1. Splitters(got at Walmart)2-way 5-1000mhz. home theater type. Both recievers work when directly hooked to main line, having the problen only when we split it. Thanks,hope you can help.

Anonymous

3x4 switch outside near dish.

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
So ,I understand U subscribe to dishnetwork,since U can't hack dishnet...have them come fix it!

if for some unknown reason U want to try and fix hardware yourself,then if U have a 2 headed LNB (aimed at the 110 and 119 birds)aka fatboy with 1 cable coming out,then its a TWIN legacy with 2 outputs that has built in needed sw21 switchs...no other switches are needed...run the cable from each output directly into each receiver..a DUAL legacy (single head with 2 outputs) gets only 1 bird and goes to 2 receivers (1 cable from each output..Dishnetwork receivers use sw21 switches from the LNB..

frusrated
Unregistered guest
The unknown reason for diy is they get enough of my $$ & i have been with dish for over 10yrs. never hacked! we finally spoke with someone at Dish that knew what he was talking about. My suspisions were correct & the sw21 (2 leads - 1)switch has to be changed to a 2- 2/3or 4 out to the house. Had been listening to a rep from Dish telling it would be a 2 way splitter inside the house. wrong! thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
That makes absolutely no sense ...U only have 2 receivers and 2 satellites..no need for 3/4 or 2/3 or 2/4 switch..

Silver Member

Post Number: 310
"the LNB i think is a legacy...2 into 1."

U said have only 1 cable coming out of either a Twin or a Dual LNB...so U need either a sw21 switch or none at all..

If U want correct answers here U must provide correct detailed questions..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us