The sky is falling

anonym c&p sky is falling
Unregistered guest
turn to channel 199,and som of you may see something about a card swap in 2 weeks. yes they are taking roms 101 possibly 102 and changing them probably for 103's or sw's. will this be the end of testing. just my 2 cents. heres a gif that represents the video of channel 199. note: apparently not evryone is getting it. maybe charlie activates tiers for that channels as cards are being shipped. and some fta bins may have it or not. try a blindscan in 119. maybe is the end of testing, maybe is just charly messing with our heads.
//http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/richiemiami/cardswap.gif

U Better Wise Up
Unregistered guest
Nintendo Guy
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 04:03 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I already told you some days ago ( but my thread was abused and deleted ) there is something very fishy going on. Dicknet is cooking something very nasty coming on November.
You see.....Dicknet has been letting us have all the free TV we want, and everubody is buying there new expensive FTAs.....but theres a catch to all this !
I have been warning you repetedly, but nobody wants to listen.....soon everybody will be having black screen all over again.
So you better be prepared.

Silver Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 903
Card swap coming.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 313
Charlie is indeed swapping all the 101/102/103 cards with the newer, more secure Rom S02 cards. These cards use 1024-bit encryption instead of the 768-bit encryption used by the 10x series. Undoubtedly, they will be tougher puppies to crack.

I dunno when the completion date for the swap is, but I must say it doesn't surprise me... Charlie was stupid to put out the Rom 101 to begin with, since it was so insecure relative to the Rom 102/103 cards. So they opted to go for the new Rom S0x series, which are based on an even newer and more secure process than the 102/103 cards. Unfortunately, a 'crack' for the Rom S0x cards is far away on the testing horizon.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see Bev eventually swap out the Rom 102's as well (they already have some Rom S0x's out there, and all new units come with S0x cards), but that'll probably only ever happen if there's rampant piracy of them. As for cardless receivers that use an embedded Rom 102/103 chip, they could use a firmware update to disable the embedded card and issue a Rom S0x card to the subscriber, to be used in the receiver's card slot."

HeIIo
Unregistered guest
( C & P )

"It starts snowballing real quick," said James Shelton, CEO responsible of Dish Network's security.

EchoStar has an additional problem. Hackers last year found a way to modify legal free-to-air satellite receivers to tune into Dish Network, Shelton said.

Most Dish subscribers have received their new "S" generation smart cards in an envelope marked "Urgent - Open Immediately to Avoid Interrupting Your Satellite Service."

Dish will begin shutting down popular subscription channel packages to subscribers using the latest yellow version of the card, switching over pay-per-view and premium channels HBO and Showtime by late November, Shelton said. EchoStar has said it plans to have the entire swap-out complete by the end of the year.

Dish's smart-card upgrade could result in a surge of subscribers once pirates find themselves shut out of the system, analysts said. DirecTV gained a record number of subscribers, almost 1 million, in the quarter it turned off TV signals decoded by older access cards.

Once the security card swap-out is complete, the satellite companies relentlessly monitor their systems to see whether anyone manages to crack the code.

Username: Carcpl58

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the info thill 1951 and Hello. At least there is 1 more month of Free TV. What can we get legal with the FTA receivers? And as the the little boy with his vulgar mouth his mother needs to wash it out with some soap.

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 138
---Most Dish subscribers have received their new "S" generation smart cards in an envelope marked "Urgent - Open Immediately to Avoid Interrupting Your Satellite Service."----

That is weird I talked to 7 people so far who have legit Charlie and none of them have received these new cards? The timeline also sounds very aggressive almost impossible compared to other swaps, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. A lot of the other forums have been speculating whether it was going to be just 101's or all 10X being swapped.

Anonymous

I have a legit sub and a couple of ftas (a Cool and my 'ol faithful Digiwave). I got the new card just 10 days ago. Hope something gets done before X-mas.
BTW...intresting thread :-(

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the heads up. Was just about to buy a Fortec Ultra. Saved me a $150.

Steve4395
Unregistered guest
xww.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=dish&script=400

Where did you get your press release from?

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
The above post has been doctored: Here is the actual release from August 29,2005 before the N1/N2 changeover.

08/29/2005
"It starts snowballing real quick," said James Shelton, founder of satellite consulting firm Shelton & Associates, which specializes in security.

EchoStar has an additional problem. Hackers last year found a way to modify legal free-to-air satellite receivers to tune into Dish Network, Shelton said.

Most Dish subscribers have received their new smart cards in an envelope marked "Urgent - Open Immediately to Avoid Interrupting Your Satellite Service."

Dish already has begun shutting down popular subscription channel packages to subscribers using the older version of the card, switching over pay-per-view and premium channels HBO and Showtime last week, Shelton said. EchoStar has said it plans to have the entire swap-out complete by the end of the year.

Dish's smart-card upgrade could result in a surge of subscribers once pirates find themselves shut out of the system, analysts said. DirecTV gained a record number of subscribers, almost 1 million, in the quarter it turned off TV signals decoded by older access cards.

Once the security card swap-out is complete, the satellite companies relentlessly monitor their systems to see whether anyone manages to crack the code.

"Piracy has taken a hit, but it's always going to be a problem," said Schaeffler, the Carmel Group analyst. "It's human nature to find ways around paying."

So whoever posted the above completely changed it around and is just trying to stir things up. Maybe its Charlie trying to stop people from buying FTA and keep uncertainty in the air.

Anonymous

How can this be? DN just completed a swap with 102,and this took at least a year, so how can they swap out 11 million cards in 2 mths. Makes no sence!

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
Here is post from Dipper at tk:

There is a rumor circulating on various sites that the yellow Rom 101/102/103 cards are being swapped for a newer and more secure card. According to the rumors, the 199 CRDEX channel is showing a yellow card being swapped for another yellow card.

THIS IS FALSE.

The Card Swap program has changed slightly from the two previous versions, but it still shows a blue card being swapped for a yellow card.

Even if the Bull**** Rumor were true, there are only two streams active: 0x1800 (N1) and 0x1810 (N2). There is an EMM (Entitlement Management Message) for an older 0x1801 (N2) but there is no ECM (Entitlement Control Message) for it. This means that all N2 cards are using the same stream, just as Rom 2/3/10/11 used the same N1 stream. At this time, there is no newer stream to support a newer access card.

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
well that thinking is BS too..DTV swapped from P3/HU to P4 and were using the same streams...and come the final days of the P3,the video packets were just shut down to the HU, BUT the P4 (newer access cards then) still received the video packets for subscribers to view!

BiIIy
Unregistered guest
I think Charlie is watching us.

Anonymous

How can this be? DN just completed a swap with 102,and this took at least a year, so how can they swap out 11 million cards in 2 mths. Makes no sence!.............I would think even if they started to swap the 101s it would take at least 6mths, which is been reported to be 10% of all cards. So if they swapped out the remaining 90% of 102s 103s this would take at least another year or so. Has 102 been cracked I don't think anyone knows for sure.I have read it's been cracked in Europe but again this could be rumours.Guess we have to wait an see.

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
Thill:
The DTV cards were never hacked. The F, H, and HU cards were only compromised enough to change channel tiers. No encryption keys were ever accessed. The P4 card closed the hole that allowed access to those tiers. It has likely been cracked, but no one will dare to come forward. But in all cases, DTV testing was entirely card-based. There cannot be an FTA receiver for DTV because no one has cracked the Videoguard encryption stream.

Nagravision has been cracked, compromised, and fully hacked. That's why it is possible to run N1 or N2 without a full card image. The encryption keys are readily available. You don't even need channel tiers. To further illustrate this, notice there has been no plastic fix for N2. That's because the Rom 101/102/103 cards are indeed as secure as they were intended to be. But Kudelski never considered FTA receivers when they designed N2. That will take another encryption stream to fix.

Currently, there are two streams in the system:

0x1800= Nagra1. Both EMM and ECM.
0x1801= Nagra2. EMM only.
0x1810= Nagra2. Both EMM and ECM.

The 0x1801 is an older EMM. It's in the stream but can't be used because there is no ECM to go with it. Prior to Summer 2004, there was both EMM and ECM on 0x1801. With the advent of 0x1810, the ECM on 0x1801 was abandoned. So the point is that the FTA receiver picks up the 0x1810 stream on N2 and there is no 0x1820 or other stream to support an updated N2.

Nerd herd..
Unregistered guest
YA! You tell him!

Yup, Easy As Pie
Unregistered guest
Conditional access (CA) is a technology used to control access to digital television (DTV) services to authorized users by encrypting the transmitted programming. CA has been used for years for pay-TV services. There are numerous ATSC and DVB-compliant CA systems available for a broadcaster to choose from. The CA system provider provides the equipment and software to the broadcaster who then integrates the CA system into his equipment. CA is not designed solely for DTV. It can be used for digital radio broadcasts, digital data broadcasts, and non-broadcast information and interactive services. A CA system consists of several basic components:
Subscriber Management System (SMS): The SMS is a subsystem of the CA system that manages the subscriber's information and requests entitlement management messages (EMM) from the Subscriber Authorization System (SAS). An EMM provides general information about the subscriber and the status of the subscription. The EMM is sent with the ECM. The ECM is a data unit that contains the key for decrypting the transmitted programs.
Subscriber Authorization System (SAS): The SAS is a subsystem of the CA system that translates the information about the subscriber into an EMM at the request of the SMS. The SAS also ensures that the subscriber's security module receives the authorization needed to view the programs, and the SAS acts as a backup system in case of failure.
Security module: The security module, usually in the form of a smart card, extracts the EMM and ECM necessary for decrypting the transmitted programs. The security module is either embedded within the set-top box or in a PC Card that plugs into the set-top box.
Set-top box: The set-top box houses the security module that gives authorization for decrypting the transmitted programs. The set-top box also converts the digital signal to an analogue signal so an older television can display the programs.
There are two DVB protocols used by CA systems: SimulCrypt and MultiCrypt. SimulCrypt uses multiple set-top boxes, each using a different CA system, to authorize the programs for display. The different ECMs and EMMs required by each CA system are transmitted simultaneously. Each set-top box recognizes and uses the appropriate ECM and EMM needed for authorization. The ATSC standard uses SimulCrypt. MultiCrypt allows multiple CA systems to be used with one set-top box by using a PC card with an embedded smart card for each CA system used. Each card is then plugged into a slot in the set-top box. Each card recognizes the ECM and EMM needed for authorization.
A typical CA process involves three basic elements: the broadcast equipment, the set-top box, and the security module. The broadcast equipment generates the encrypted programs that are transmitted to the subscriber. When these are transmitted, the set-top box filters out the signals and passes them to the security module. The security module then authorizes these programs for decryption. The programs are then descrypted in real time and sent back to the set-top box for display.

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
DTV cards were hacked completely 100%...we had a FULL DUMP !..not just changing tiers..we could change and alter everything ( spending limits,locals bytes,cam ID's,patch cam ID's,change the G1 string,read the eeprom and even the alternate eeprom, log the stream,patch the keys,boot and glitch into the ATR,check ZKT,wipe PPV's, etc)...The DTV card was as naked as a Jay Bird!...all its encryptions and secrets were leaked to us by NDS

Nagra2 andf FTA are a different story than DTV,but again DTV used the same stream for both the HU and the newer P4 cards for quite a long time,...difference was we never did get a FULL dump on the P4 or D1 cards (but we can still get partial reads to this day)and then shortly after the HU swap completion, DTV changed their encyption all together...

ForestKJA
Unregistered guest
Wrong!, SpankyFTA is right....the video asic was never compromised! The HU and P4 streams are very diff as were the cmd82 from HU compared to the H. One thing that SpankyFTA was wrong about was that during the F card days there was no asic and we did not need a card, we used battery cards. Once the H came with the Video asic we always needed a card from then on.

BootIegger
Unregistered guest
hey ForestKJA........ maybe your new to fta or to this site, but thill has never been wrong.
why not learn from him instead.

papacito
Unregistered guest
thill......is ALWAYS right.....
everybody knows it!!!!
go...lk......................

papacito
Unregistered guest
everybody knows it!!!!

LK is a TDG PUPPET
Unregistered guest
everybody knows it!!!!

LK KNOWS JACK CHIT HE KNOWS HOW 2 COPY AND PASTE READ THE ARCHIVES HERE AND U WILL SEE HE HAS BEEN SHOWN UP MANY MANY TIMES..

ASK HIM ABOUT BLACKLIST DAMN LK WAS REPORTING HIM AS THE BEST "CODER" AROUND...

WHEN IN FACT BL CAN'T EVEN PROGRAM HIS OWN ALARM CLOCK.... MORON MORON MORON

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
I am NOT always correct..I'm human and make errors... I still disagree about the DTV cards ...and I know that we had the whole enchilada with a full dump...and we all know it was all leaked to us by NDS, the card maker for DTV...there was legal actions and retributions due to this leak..

Blacklist and his camp do all the coding for Pansat which is common knowledge also..

Spanky, just cause I disagree with U, doesn't change my respect for U and the way U help others here..its OK to sometimes disagree,..it actually can be healthy..

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
I agree thill it is healthy to disagree sometimes.
No hard feelings at all here -this is a discussion board right?
I just feel we never had a complete dump of the hu card's asic or cardless emu would have been possible. It was certainly compromised in many aspects but never really a full complete dump. It doesn't really matter because HU is dead anyway.

BootIegger
Unregistered guest
HU might be dead, but I still remember the good old HU days with a big smile on my face. ..

Username: Rockdog

Toronto, On Can

Post Number: 3
Silly Thilly-1951....U are a pizz poor excuse for a human...I wouldn't even call U a dog out-of
respect for dogs....But I did find something that
best fits U and I found it on the bottom of my
shoes when I was walking through the barn-yard, and I think its called do-do (He-Ha-He-Ha)

Just as he said
Unregistered guest
Nintendo Guy
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 04:03 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I already told you some days ago ( but my thread was abused and deleted ) there is something very fishy going on. Dicknet is cooking something very nasty coming on November.
You see.....Dicknet has been letting us have all the free TV we want, and everubody is buying there new expensive FTAs.....but theres a catch to all this !
I have been warning you repetedly, but nobody wants to listen.....soon everybody will be having black screen all over again.
So you better be prepared.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 131
@Just as he said

What's your point? Instead of posting that BS all over, why don't you post a solution.

"Warning DN would eventually switch the encryption and FTA's would not work", YEA THANKS, ANYONE WITH A HALF A BRAIN KNEW THAT EVEN BEFORE THE N2 BIN.

Just as he said
Unregistered guest
Dont worry....Blackist will help U all.

Anonymous

Oh my... what about survivor tonight????!!!!

Anonymous

..no kidding, I can't get CBS on my TV (LOL)

Username: Az58

Post Number: 2
what we need is a 2 by 4 in the head
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us