Copy protection error on home movie VHS to DVD?

Gianna Joseph
Unregistered guest
Hi all-

Hoping someone here has some suggestions on how to get around a strange copy protection error. I have read a lot of threads on these forums about getting around copy protection on commercial recordings, but haven't seen anything about a deck returning a copy protection error on a home movie.

I have a Panasonic DMR-ES10 standalone deck to which I have connected my Sony VCR. I've been transferring home movies that I shot with my camcorder over the years, and dozens have transferred with no problem. However, one particular video transfers the first 8 minutes, then stops recording with a copy protection error. I've tried several times, and it stops in the same place each time. This is the only video that gives me an error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around the copy protection error on a video that isn't copy protected in the first place?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1756
Are you using the same disc every time? Check and see if Panasonic has a firmware update, or try a different input.

Gianna Joseph
Unregistered guest
Hi David-

No, I used a fresh disc each attempt. Panasonic was wholly unhelpful, and a search of their updates showed nothing for my model.

Thanks for your response, though...

Anonymous

I HAVE A ZENITH ZRY-316 VHS/DVD COMBO I AM LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT TO CONVERT VHS TO DVD WITH COPYWRITE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us