I beg someone to help me. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Lakersfreak

Post Number: 5
I had an old 27" tv which video games looked good on, but I wanted something bigger so I went out and bought a 40" Sony LCD tv. I turn the progressive scan and adjust screen, but I get this really weird lagging issue. I'm sure it was like this with my old tv too, but since it was smaller it was unnoticable.

I have a PS2 which is hooked up through component cables.

The PS2 was bought around 2000 when the grand turismo 3 package was being offered.
Can it be my PS2????????????

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. I've done extensive research with no luck!!!

Username: Tenettech

Post Number: 9
Take a playstation and hook it up to a plasma tv of camparable size and see if it lags. It use to be that lcd monitor does not have good refresh rate that is why it wasn't a good gaming display, but a lot of lcd display now have fast screen update. Just because you have a large display doesn't mean your picture will look large and clearly. Your ps2 resolution is still small. Something around 640x480 maybe. I got a 20 inch lcd which I play my PS2 on. I'll tell you that it isn't as clear as it can be. I can tell my dell display to display it in actual resolution..which comes out to be about 7 inches centered on the display. I can tell it to stretch to fill the whole screen which comes out large but slightly jagged. Your tv might not be good at upconverting to the very large lcd resolution. Change contrast settings maybe that will help a little.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 141
Sould be a refresh rate issue for that TV. One thing yu can do on that TV is turn you ps2 on and set it to that input. Scroll through your setting and theres a place you can turn a setting called game mode on.

Bronze Member
Username: Cuylar

MN USA

Post Number: 79
no matter what an lcd will streak the video.

Unregistered guest
Harry, You have to enable Progressive Scan on your Play Station.

It will look much much better

Username: Lakersfreak

Post Number: 6
Well I heard that the old PS2's aren't progressive compatible so I went out and bought a new one which is. However difference not to big of a deal. I think its just certain games. NBA 2k6 with progressive is very choppy compared to with it off, but other games look much better with progressive on. I think its just the game makers.
OK here's another subject I am going to bring up.
What is the difference between 720p and 1080i???
Which is better??
What runs in those formats???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us