HD View Distorted - Help!

Username: Riskyplayer

Post Number: 2
When I purchased my HD ready 65" Toshiba projection 5 yrs. ago, I subscribed to a cable service to view the limited HD signal that was available back then. Since then, I had cancelled the service and resubscribed recently to the same HD service, only to find a distorted display. The picture appears as if the screen is "bowed out" with top and bottom edges bowed towards the center of the screen. The edges of the picture is out of focus and cannot be corrected under the "convergence" function due to focus range being so far out. I fed the DVD signal to the same input on the TV using the same component cables -- and the screen is perfectly OK.

Can anyone inform me if the format of the HD signal has somehow changed over the past 5 years.
A tech from Toshiba suspects that the HD format may have changed. Just to confirm it wasn't the cable company, I hooked the TV up to a HD set top box (HD OTA receiver), and the distortion was still the same. Can anyone comment on what may be the source of problem, please?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us