Info

chasco
Unregistered guest
Hey I am a newbie sorry for the dumb question . Can you get caught barrowing signal from charlie.

Bronze Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 58
You can get caught for anything illegal.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 207
To "borrow" is to take and then give back...are U returning the signal?

There are 2 thoughts abouts this satellite signal borrowing business..but per law, there is only 1 thought..

1..its stealing
2..its not stealing because the air and all in it are free

Anybody can get caught stealing, if they do AND say stupid incriminating things observed by the wrong people ...also the " intent" has to be to steal..

Will someone get caught stealing?..its possible depending on your level of stupidity..

Is it likely?...NO

chasco
Unregistered guest
hey thanks for the feed back.I dont know much but I,ve been reading and I have not read anything about people being caugh or persecuted. Sorry for being paranoid.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 209
Actually Charlie does send letters to people threatening civil lawsuits..

FYl
Unregistered guest
up till now, Dishnet has NOT prosecuted any individual.

Bronze Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 84
It is illegal to defeat any encryption. Basically if it's encrypted, that means you can't watch it legally unless you pay for it. Dish and BEV are not free-to-air, which is confusing because many people assume that free-to-air means that if you can get it (using any means) then it is free. That is not the case.

Now, what are the chances that the cops will come knocking on your door if you modify your receiver to make it get DN? I would say you have a much better chance of winning the Powerball ten times.

It's your call as to what you want to do. With all of the rapists, serial killers, terrorists, and street thugs out there, I really don't see where anyone would give a crap if you watch p0rn for free. The other way to look at it is that the signals come into your property and therefore belong to you then you should have no reason not to put up a dish and catch them-- sort of like if your neighbor's apple tree is next to the fence and drops apples into your yard. You have every right to put out a bucket and catch the apples.
-by Dipper@AL7
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us