PROBLEMS WITH HDCP NEED ADVICE

Username: Rvexler

Post Number: 1
Just purchased a jvc rx-d401 with hdmi switching capability. When connecting my scientific atlanta hd dvr via hdmi cable to the dbs hdmi jack on the back of the jvc I get a hdcp violation error. anybody know if the new jvc doesn't support hdcp?

fx
Unregistered guest
It is HDCP compliant. Three possibilities:

1) You have a non-HDCP compliant device connectedted to your receiver.
2) You have a device in the chain turned off when you turn on your cable box. (Either your receiver or your TV)
3) The cable box has trouble with the HDCP handshake with certain displays so it could be the device at fault with your receiver in the chain.

xvxvxvx

fx
Unregistered guest
Ross,

I did more research, the problem is your cable box. The Scientific Atlanta boxes use HDMI v1.0 and your receiver utilizes HDMI v1.1

xvxvxvx

Username: Trompke

Post Number: 1
i have a wd52525 mitsubishi dlp a few months ago i had a eletrical storm go through my cable and did something to my chasey and needed to be replaced a service center did , got it back and everything seemed to work until i tried to rent a ppv movie and then got a message that my tv was not hdcp complient and it was before the storm , i used another tv and it works to rent a ppv movie , so it seems that my mits has a componet that deals with the hdcp is bad and needs replaced is there a hdcp componet or what is the problem .
can someone help , i do use a hdmi cable .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us