Intelligent Samsung Techs Only!!!

Unregistered guest
Does anyone know if there is an internal counter inside the Samsung DLP (HLN5065W) that indicates when the lamp is or should be burned out? I just purchased a Light Engine off of Ebay and the seller advertised it as Brand New. I installed it and everything worked perfectly for over a week. Tonight, the three indicator lights began to flash telling me I had a malfunctioning or burned out lamp. I removed the lamp on the newly installed engine and replaced it with the two year old lamp that I was using previously, and my TV now works again. I'm wondering if its possible that there is a counter somewere inside the TV which was not re-set upon installing the new engine. Can someone please help clarify this for me?

Justa Guess
Unregistered guest
There is a counter that tells how many hours are on the lamp but you have to manually rest it when you change the lamp in the service menu. I'd wager your new lamp was damaged in shipping, hence it's short life.

Username: Indian81

Post Number: 10
Can you give me instructions on how to re-set that counter?

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 392
Most Samsung models use the same remote code.
Try Mute, 1, 8, 2, Power. Arrow down to Options and arrow right to see the next list. It should show lamp hours and reset there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us