Help Please

Username: Hector20

Hialeah, FL USA

Post Number: 1
im new in this i just want to know what receiver do u recommend me, i got the dish network stellite the big one im not really sure how many inches but its really big. I used to use my diss net receivers with my card hacked but now is not working anymore and im only can see one channel. Please a need some advices and if i have to change the LNBF o something else. Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 19
***My response taken from another thread:

Since the future of the fta is unknown at this point don't buy anything expensive, I'd say get one of the pansats or viewsats (which are around $100-200) since they get most of the support.

Say you buy something expensive and it ceases to work once the full nag2 rolls out, at least that way you won't be sh** out of luck.

P.S. you can use your current DN dish and lnb's.

Hialeah, FL USA

Post Number: 2
thanks for ur advice

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 162
Hector If your big dishnetwork dish and dishnetwork card did work.....well dishnetwork has changed cards that are not really hacked and changed their satellite signal from Nagra1 to Nagra2..there really is no hack now for plastic dishnet cards..but there is a syndrome card(aka atmega 128) coming out soon that U might want to keep an eye out on...in fact read the threads here about it...dishmonkey.com is taking orders for it,but this hack has not been confirmed yet..your other alternative is to buy an inexpensive FTA receiver (150-$200)which this hack has been confirmed and is easy to do...

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 181
GARBAGE...stay with a pansat,coo*lsat,or viewsat..or a dreambox if U can afford it..

Hialeah, FL USA

Post Number: 5
The situation is a friend of mine is selling me one microyal receiver pre programmed and with a sw 21 for $175 so im confused i dont know what to do i miss the tech tv channel : (

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Dude don't fall for crap like Microyal, which to my knowledge has been discontinued and I'd be surprised if you recieve any support for it.

For a few $$$ less you can buy Pansat 2700a ($130-150) or for a few more you can get Viewsat Platinum ($200) both will be available with plenty of support.

Nice friends you have, last time I've seen microyal mx reciever was about a year ago and then it went for only $100.

Anonymous

Hector
stick with viewsat..u won't be sorry

Hialeah, FL USA

Post Number: 7
thanks for ur advices guys :-)
i think i will take the pansat 2700A. I've been hearing a lot of problems about these receivers with the new N2,though

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
That's 2500's, of which some were/are clones and in turn got fried by the clone killer code residing on a first nag2 bin, all is well with 2700's, in fact I'm using one now.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but there are no 2700 clones.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us