HDTV on my projector?

Username: Dlgobeavs

Portland, OR

Post Number: 1
Hello All... thanks for any and all input you can give me!

I recently installed an Infocus 4805 projector. When I play a DVD (which is connected via RGB) the picture is AWESOME. However, I am quite disappointed in the clarity of the Direct TV regular broadcasts that run to my projector via S-video.

A few questions:
1. Would HD broadcasts off the local airwaves increase the clarity of the tv picture when using the 4805?

2. If I do decide to go the HD route (remember I am a TOTAL rookie when it comes to HD).. can I run the antenna connection through the dual LNB router thing that the two Direct TV cables connect to prior to being routed to the different rooms in my house? (It appears to have a 3rd input that I am assuming is designed to attach an external antenna?)

---------- or----------

would it be better to run the antenna cable directly to the HD TV converter box that I will need to purchase prior to starting this endeavor?

Any and all help GREATLY appreciated!!

Dave

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 21
1. Yes, by a lot it will look much better than dvd's.

2. I don't know about thes, if it's just a cable that gets split into the different rooms you could most likely put an antenna on it. But I don't know how good the signal is going to be.

I would suggest getting that HD receiver and trying a couple different things out. Are you going to need an indoor or outdoor antenna?

Username: Dlgobeavs

Portland, OR

Post Number: 3
Hey, thanks for the reply!

Do you have the 4805?... is your knowledge coming first hand, or are you anticipating picture quality based on published output levels? (just curious)

If I stay with DirectTV I will need to get an attic antenna... if switch to comcast to get my HD... I won't.

Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us