Samsung HLP5063W Audio Out

JMarx
Unregistered guest
Hi,

Had this TV for over a year now and have decided to now connect it to a home theater system. However, I can't seem to get the Audio Out on the TV to work. Help!!! Checked the TV on-screen menus and looked at the rear of the unit to see if there was a switch to turn on audio out - but haven't found anything...

Maybe I'm missing something...??? Right now I'm just trying to use the RCA Audio Out jacks (red/white)...

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 379
Don't use the audio out from the set.
Use the digital coax or optical out from the source box.

JMarx
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the suggestion Fyi...I assume that you are suggesting that I independently connect the audio out from each source (Cable Box, DVD, VCR, etc) all to the audio receiver... I might have to do that...and as much as I can see the advantages of not having the TV in the audio chain, I'm not sure if I have enough Audio In's on my receiver. (as opposed to having all audio routed to the TV, which would then mediate a single audio point to connect to the receiver...hmmm, maybe all these components have audio pass-through)

OK - so maybe I'll try that - but nonetheless, I'm still confused about why the Audio Out is not working on the TV set?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us