Sony KV-2064R Picture Problems

Username: Merrie

Post Number: 1
I'm a little worried. My TV a couple days ago started doing a wierd thing - when I change the channel, I can't hear anything and the picture has wavy lines across it. Then something that looks like a vertical hold line passes up the television six times (it's always six exactly!) and the picture flashes each time and then the picture comes in ok and the sound returns.

After it's been on for a while, there'll be static - sort of a szz szz chupity chup sound that repeats several times and the picture will flicker and be fuzzy. Now it's sort of losing colour and then there's the static and flickers and the colour comes back. A while ago, the green quit working very well but the picture has been ok until this week.

Now I have two TVs hooked up via a splitter and the other TV was ghosting last night. The cable people suggested I remove the splitter and VCR and just connect the TV directly to the cable, which I did. The main TV is still having intermittent problems but the other TV seems ok.

So is my TV dying? Something a little troubling is that the outlet that I screw the cable cord into on the TV is a bit loose - I can push it into the TV or pull it out by a half-inch or so. So do I need the cable man to visit, do I take the TV for repair, or do I just buy a new TV?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us