Recorded movies skipping

Username: Vulpes

Post Number: 1
Hi, first post. I have a panasonic dvd DMR EH50 and it plays movies I record off cable fine on itself but anything I have recorded off the panasoninc and then I play on my home theatre ( normal dvd prog scan player ) they skip and slow down every now and then. Very annoying. Any ideas on why this happens ?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1728
Skipping is usually poor quality media.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Dave, Plan on buying some good quality discs today and trying them out. Cheers. These were pretty poor quality. Came on a stand of 100.

Anonymous

My DVD player shows intermittant skipping images on my Sony KDF-50WE655 LCD Projection TV. I have tried different CD Players with no success. I am using component video outputs. Last night a New DVD movie just purchased had this problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1735
What brand of player are you using? Mine never skips. You get what you pay for if you're using cheap players.

J. Linder
Unregistered guest
I have a JVC model xv-np10S. Its about a year old and only skips for this tv.

J. Linder
Unregistered guest
Wrong Model - it is a JVC xv-s65GD made in 2002.

Post Number: 3
Hi thanks one and all for the replies. A friend who lnows these things tells me its the cheap player with only single laser. Dual laser player will fix the problem. Ordered one off ebay last night. Movies do not skip on my other Phillips DVD player. Yes my current player is a cheap palsonic.
Thanks Guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 1736
I use 2 JVC XV-N410B players with a single laser, they never skip. DVD-R RW or factory discs. Skipping can sometimes be fixed by cleaning the lens and spindle bottom and top with a q-tip wet with alcohol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us