RCA DLP 61-- RCA can not find a bulb!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Fastlife

US

Post Number: 3
Hi everyone, Im new to this site. I purchased a RCA HD61THW263 about 8months ago. After 4 months my TV stopped working. You get no picture and no sound. Only the front panel lights come on. Only to front panel lights do not, and that is the power and the bulb light.I pretty sure that I need to replace the bulb. I've called RCA and they told me the lamp is on national back order and they can not get it. RCA has offered to buy back the TV from me. I just want my TV fixed. Does anyone know where I can get a replacment bulb. Any info or help is much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 372
Take the "Buy Back" deal before they change their mind.

Silver Member
Username: Hd_fanatic

Boise, ID

Post Number: 168
Here's a link you might want to check out. I do not see your model listed, but it probably can be cross referenced as I'm sure it uses the same bulb as other models.

http://www.ercservice.com/lamps/RCA.html

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 119
Find out what part number the unit has, The Manual should tell you, or it should be on the RCA site. If not CS (that you cannot get the lamp thru) should be able to tell you the part number. If that fails, I'd pull the lamp (ON my JVC about a 2 minute job) and see if it has a part number on it, then google the number.

Just checked here: http://www.tritronicsinc.com/index.html

Part # 265109 Vendor: RCA
$449.89 EA RETAIL- YOU pay

$415.89 EA WHOLESALE

Says it's on backorder, but at least with the part number, you may be able to find it somewhere.

If you bought the set 8 months ago, and 4 months later it stopped working, and it's been 4 more months and the set still hasn't been fixed (I would assume it's under warranty?) I'd take them up on their offer to buy it back.

If they can't fix it in 30 days, they are supposed to replace the set. One option whould be for them to them SHIP you a new set direct from them. I'd find out what the current model is... then find out what the next "higher" model is and try to get them to ship you the "deluxe" model for your troubles. https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=474384#POST474384

PS: Post back what you end up doing, where you find a lamp, etc,, that info may help someone else in the same boat.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 121
Fastlife....

One thing I'd find out is the COST of replacement lamps for whatever set you get.

If the set you have NOW uses the $600 lamps ($449?) and a "newer" or differant model set uses say a $200 lamp.... then of course demand that set, instead of a direct replacement for your current set.

Since you've had a dead set for a few months... I would think they would work with you.

One last thought, I wonder if the reason the lamp are N/A is because the new line uses a differant lamp and they're not ordering them in large numbers like they used to. (To put in shipping product, New shipping product using a new lamp design... hence they are running short, totally out.)

It could also be a case that alot of other owners lamps are going, and it could be due to the Katrina mess also.

This is from another post I think about DLP RCA sets: To XVXVXVX. I did more research on the cost of rca replacement bulbs. The new line (the 165 series) bulb replacement cost is about $200 vs. the $600 cost of previous series'. Are you aware of this. Unfortunately, they use the hd3 chip in the new series not the hd2+ chip which is better

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Fastlife,
I work at RCA, so I called the parts group to get the story. The lamp is unique to our thin product, thus the higher price. They are receiving lamps in small quantities and sending them to customer in the order that they are added to the backorder list. Unfortunately, the backorder list right now is about 7 weeks on this lamp.

I'll post this on the other threads, too, to be sure that you see it.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
RandyM,

I commend you on your dedication as an employee. If there were more employees like you there wouldn't be as many troubles with consumer products in general.

Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 1
I too have the misfortune of having an RCA set. The set I currently have is a replacement courtesy of RCA for one I purchased over a year ago. That one would not turn on and could not be fixed even though it was a brand new model. While I certainly appreciate their replacement I was more than disturbed at the poor reliability of their product.

The set I have now (RCA HD61LPW42YX4) is 13 months old and the bulb is out. Of course, it is out of warranty. Once I got over the shock of the cost of the bulb $336.38 I really got my nose out of joint when I found out NO ONE has the damn bulb. RCA told me it would take anywhere from 2 weeks (it is now three weeks) to 8 weeks to get it to me.

How they can make a product and not have parts for it is beyond me.

I got satisfaction the last time from calling an office in Oklahoma City (I believe). If anyone has that number I would sure appreciate it. Thanks

Randy M. Did you ever run across a Mr. Meurice at RCA? He is the one that helped me out big time last time I had a problem.

Anonymous

If your set is dead, (no sound or picture) and then powers itself down there could be other problems. I have a 52" scenium that has died twice with no sound or pic. The first time it was a power supply board and the high voltage splitter. After waiting 6 mos for a warranty repair the set worked fine for another year and a half but died again 2 days ago. It seems the high voltage splitter is a common problem with a great number of different RCA TV's. I suggest you try to get the sales outlet where you bought it to allow a trade for something more reliable. RCA/GE/Thompson customer service is anything but helpful. Run away from RCA as fast as you can!!

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Richard,
Unfortunately, there is a world-wide supply problem with lamps that is beyond our control. We do not make the lamps; they all come from Philips or Osram. In addition, there is long lead time to get the lamps once a manufacturer orders them from Philips and Osram. Putting your name on the backorder list is my best suggestion, since they are filled in the order that they are requested. Mr. Meurice no longer works for RCA.

Anonymous, you are describing a PTV issue, since you have a splitter, not a DLP issue. Sorry you had the failures, however, I would point out that most recent data shows our reliability to be as good as anyone else in the large screen business. Not only that, but our market share in PTV is growing very strongly because most people find our PTVs to be an outstanding value.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Richard, the number for customer service is 1-800-338-0376.

Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 2
Randy M.

Hey thanks for your replies. I am 99% sure that I have a bulb problem as the light blinks a certain way and according to the book that indicates a bulb issue.

Randy, do you have the phone number to the location where Mr. Meurice was located? I believe it was in Oklahoma somewhere. Specifically, I want to see if I can talk with Kara who was the most helpful person on the planet the last time I had an RCA issue. Thanks!

RandyM
Unregistered guest
The number I gave above should be the best way to get service. I don't know any details about where people were located.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us