Sharing a Dish with a neighbor.

Username: Dtsabai

Post Number: 1
Hi, My neighbor and I both have dish net. He has a 3 lnb dish that's about 150 ft away. I am wondering if I can put a different switch on his dish and run a wire to my reciever? I have a different account, so we would just be sharing the signal. What kind of switch do I need and where can I get it.

Thanks in advance.

h3lt3r sk3lt3r
Unregistered guest
dp34 or dp44 switch.

h3lt3r sk3lt3r
Unregistered guest
ebay is flooded with cheap dp34 switches.

Anonymous

150 feet is a long way...don't expect a strong signal

Tomh888
Unregistered guest
I currently am a Direct TV subscriber with one dish and one receiver, I have a place in the mountains - what is the cheapest/easiest way to access DTV up there, without hauling the dish and receiver up there? (I see the equiptment listed on craigslist amd E-bay...but if I buy that stuff - how to get it to work...?)
Thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 168
There are only 2 ways to get DTV in the other place..

1..U subscribe and pay DTV for more hardware (dish, cables,receiver,card and install, and another full subscription price).

2..U buy roof dish,cables etc and install yourself or pay someone to install it,then U haul your one DTV receiver with card up there and hook it up to that dish..no phone line necessary or recommended..

Bronze Member
Username: Max5wm

Post Number: 70
If he is gonna let you hook into his dish, is he also gonna let you bang his skanky wife?

boosterman
Unregistered guest
they do have signal boosters for satellite cables

Anonymous

Hey Maxpower, what's your problem?

so pathetic
Unregistered guest
either hes......
a.-trying to be funny
b.-needing alot of attention
c.-ventilating his frustrations

Anonymous