Many Questions.

Username: Tehipwn

Post Number: 1
Ok, I'm a noob to HDTV, but I've been reading up on it. I've got many questions to ask, so bear with me. If you can only answer one question and not all then please just help me out where ever you can.

My plan is to wait outside my local BestBuy starting at 12-1am on the day after Thanksgiving sale. That should guarantee my place near the first in line, which will allow me to reserve a deal or two. I wouldn't be suprised if I could get a $1000 TV for $500-$800...But don't base all your suggestions on this price-range. so here it goes.

1. If a TV says capable of 720p input, that's just creative/decietful marketing right? It can't output the 720p unless otherwise stated?

2. Should I pay attention to the Pixel Pitch of the TV I choose, like by asking to see the manual? If so what is a good number to see as the pixel pitch?

3. I've read that if you can afford the bulkiness of a CRT/direct view TV, that a 720p/1080i CRT would be preferable over a 720p/1080i plasma. Is this correct? Even though I probably am going CRT regardless.

4. I want to hook whatever TV I buy up to my PC using a dual-monitor configuration. My card is a GeForce 6800GT. It has 1 S-Video and 1 DVI-I port available. When I'm making my TV buying decision should it be a deciding factor on if I buy that particular TV or not if it has a DVI input; or would the S-Video output from my PC suffice? Because I know DVI-I is quite a bit more expensive than S-Video.

5. For normal use; ie: Video Games and TV, which is better? 720p or 1080i...I assume 720p because the fps of 720p(60fps) is twice that of 1080i(30fps).

6. My ideal tv would be as follows: 34" Flatscreen HDTV, with built-in tuner, 720p/1080i ouput capable, with a DVI input + S-Video and Component inputs. Is it reasonable to think I'll be able to buy a TV like that for $500-$800 if I'm planning on getting a deal on the day after Thanksgiving Sales? Because, for one, I've never went to a Black Friday sale. But I've heard of some pretty unbelievable deals.

Ok...that is all. Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated. I want to be a very informed buyer when I go scouting the deals a couple days before Thanksgiving.

arconiolenthusiast
Unregistered guest
i can answer question 5 i believe. yes, imo 720p is more preferred than 1080i, but thats just opinion.

arconiolenthusiast
Unregistered guest
i can answer question 5 i believe. yes, imo 720p is more preferred than 1080i, but thats just opinion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us