How to connect a Dish Network DVR to DVD Recorder

Username: Baskets1970

Post Number: 1
I have a DISH Player DVR 522 that I would like to connect to an external DVD Recorder without using a PC. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how this can be done?

Username: Songbird

Hey WJ Cacioppo,

Did you ever get a response to your question? I'm trying to do the exact same thing right now.

Mickie Wilson
Unregistered guest
I'd like to know, too. Hope someone can help. I have recordings on my DVR522 that I'd like to keep. Thanks!

Username: Steven1848

I have a Cyberhome DVD Player/Recorder that I am trying to hook up to a Dish Network DVR box. How do I do this? Do I need a modulator box? My TV is old and doesn't have the 3 color coded connectors in the back of it. It only has one coaxial hookup. Please help!

Username: Baskets1970

Post Number: 2
I bought a Sony DVDirect DVD recorder, model VRD-VC20. It is an external unit that can connect directly to the Dish Network receiver without going through the TV. I have it connected with a S-Video cable and the Red-Yellow-White audio cable. It works like a charm. You just play the recording from the DVR and push play on the recorder.

Unregistered guest
sry, the only way i know how to get th recorded show from the dvr to a disk is through computer using microsoft software. I'm not exact on, if it can even be done without computers but I can find out today. I work for DishNet, so I will try to find a way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us