Looking for instructions for jtag cable

new newb
Unregistered guest
am looking to build my own jtag cable to work witth pansat 2500....can someone point me in the right direction...thanx

Bronze Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 24
What are the symptoms? Here is something from another site about jtagging a 2500:

Do not ever Jtag a Pansat 2300a/2500a receiver.
If anyone is having trouble with the Pansat in regards to Repeat booting (Knight Rider lights), No Power up at all, or the "n" light in the receiver window... TRY THIS FIRST.
1 - Cure Knight Rider lights: Turn your pansat off (switch on back of receiver). Start the Pansat Factory Loader. Select original Factory Bin to download. Click the download button, and then quickly turn the Pansat on (switch on back). Wait for "Download Complete" window to appear. When receiver then boots up normally, download your favorite X7500 or X8500 fix bin.

2 - Cure No Power Up: Turn your Pansat on. Start the Pansat Factory Loader. Select original Factory Bin to download. Click the download button. Go fix yourself a sandwich. The program will sit there for a long time (5-10 minutes) like it is doing nothing. One of two things will finally happen... ONE: you get a "Flash Failed" message. (Very Rare)... OR TWO: A burning chip window will appear, then once burned the download progress window appears and will download the Factory Bin. When receiver then boots up normally, download your favorite X7500 or X8500 fix bin. (also reportedly works for the "n" light problem).

NOTE: 90% of the time if you get a "Failed Flash" message, it's a hardware problem... (wrong connection cable, wrong com port setting, etc). If you still can't get it working, try BL Boot Repair Fix V4 file in the download section, and then come back here and try this again.

Still not working? $50 plus $10 shipping to Pansatusa and they restore your original chip setup and memory.

new newb,
I know this isn't helping if you actually want to JTAG but I thought this might save you from something you might not need to do. If you still want to JTAG let me know and I can send you in the right direction guaranteed.

Anonymous

lots of info here on everything u can imagin.

www.satreactor.com

Username: Burnonfire

Post Number: 1
I tried the instructions and still received the "Failed Flash" message. I was not able to locate the BL Boot Repair Fix V4 file. Can you direct me to the location on how to JTAG my pansat 2500a receiver...your help would greatly be appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 41
You have to register for free at this site, it is a very complete guide on what you are looking for.

http://forums.al7bar. tk/showthread.php?t=95747

Silver Member
Username: Jmill1948

Chester, Va Usa

Post Number: 740
go to dssevolution
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us