Dish Switch Setup

Needed Help!
Unregistered guest
Ok well, I am currently trying to point my pansat in the direction towards 110, and 119. I have the Dish 500 dual LNB's but was only running one since I couldnt get signal, before winter comes I want to fix this. I have a radio shack switch for dual LNB's. What I want to know is which LNB goes in which slot on the switch. I think it matters since you can put #1-5 or off on the antenna setup menu on my pansat 2500a. If you are looking right into the Dish which LNB goes into diseqc 1 and 2? If you can get a picture or send me something visual that would be great! but I'm trying to get the setup set so I can get signal. I can never hit both 7k/u and 8.6k/u at the same time.

Anonymous

THE DISQUE SWITCH IS MARKED...AS LONG AS SETUP ANTENNAE IN INSTALLATION MENU IS SAME AS DISQUE SWITCH...NEED A 2X1 OR 4X1 DISQUE SWITCH...FOR 1 RECEIVER..IF CABLE FOR 110 IS IN SWITCH PORT #1,THEN DO SAME IN INSTALLATION MENU ON RECEIVER...AND CABLE FOR 119 IS IN PORT #2,THEN DO ANTENNA 2 FOR 119 IN MENU ON RECEIVER...AND IF FOR SOME REASON IT DON'T WORK,THEN SWITCH IT IN YOUR MENU..THEN DO SATELLITE SCANS,SAVE AND RESET RECEIVER

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 98
Beginners guide to switching

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This document is directed to novice,and slightly experienced hobbyists.Its purpose is to help those in need of answers to basic switching setups;It is not directed to those involving 2 or3 types of LNB's to 5 receivers...you should already be blueprinted.

Ok,lets start at the beginning..the very beginning.When you enter the switch forum,scroll down to the bottom left of the page.You will see "display options".Where you see "last month" boxed with a down arrow,view the other options and select "beginning",and then select "show threads".This will be your next destination after you have read this basic setup document....read carefully.

You must determine your setup and gear.Here we will try to get you started with the most efficient and reliable switches.

One LNB to one receiver..............no switch needed
One LNB to two receivers...............no switch needed(requires a DUAL output LNB)
Two LNB's to one receiver............This can be done with any one of the following; AB switch/2x1 diseqc/4x1 diseqc/22Khz switch/4x4 multiswitch

(1) A/B switch from wallyworld or Ratshack;works great,switches every time...you will need 2 cables run to switch.
(2) 2x1 diseqc switch;works reasonably well;antennae settings must coincide with switch inputs.
(3) 4x1 diseqc switch;Probably the most widely spread and unreliable switch on the market.Performance level is abysmal.Does NOT like 2 different types of LNB,long cable runs,water,humidity,or anything else.Best brand by far for a good price is Chieta,and Spaun for high end...better be for the money.
(4) 22Khz switch; Very reliable tone switch.Easily installed and reasonably priced.One line from each LNB to switch,and one line out to receiver.Highly recommended.
(5) 4x4 multiswitch; Very versatile switch that requires dual LNB's.It can drive up to 4 receivers,and is 22Khz operated as well.These were around in the old D*V days and have an excellent track record and are highly recommended.

Two LNB's to two receivers..........This is where multiple switches is required in 3 of 4 examples.

(1) 2x1 diseqc switch;2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 2x1 switch,and from switch to receiver.
(2) 4x1 diseqc switch;2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 4x1 switch,and from switch to receiver.
(3) 22Khz switch; 2 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from each LNB will go to a separate 22Khz switch,and from switch to receiver.
(4) 4x4 multiswitch; 1 required for this installation,as well as 2 dual LNB's.The outputs from LNB #1 will go to Sat A inputs,and the outputs from LNB #2 will got to Sat B inputs.Do not be concerned with the 18v and 13v allocation,as the switch "freezes" these voltages within the unit.Set 1 sat to 22Khz ON,and the other to OFF(in your settings).
This unit can drive up to 4 receivers.

Three LNB;s to one receiver...........As much as we hate to say so,the 4x1 diseqc switch is the simplest(although not the most efficient) switch for this job.As the cost of these has dropped,so has the quality.

Four LNB's to one receiver..........Again,reluctantly,the 4x1 diseqc is the simplest choice.

Two LNB's to three receivers..........4x4 multiswitch

Two LNB's to four receivers............4x4 multiswitch

Anonymous

None of this explanation will help for a DISH500 since this type of dish has a Dual LNB, but similar to the new DTV dish, it has a 2X2 integrated switch. The question is how will you tell the Pansat which dish to scan, since the Diseqc switch will not work on this setup.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us