Picking up high channels with CableCard

Username: Diestler

Post Number: 1
Newbie question - this board is great, so I thought I would post here - sorry if this has already been asked.

I am getting a CableCard installed later this week and am curious if the TV tuner can pick up high channels - for example channel 509? Old TVs can only go up to like 181 or something. I'm assuming it can or what would be the point of CableCard, but I thought I would ask before I have the installer come out to the house.

Post Number: 2
In addition, just to clarify - using a CableCard will get me significantly better reception than a standard digital cable box? The reception from the cable box is pretty bad on my new HDTV, although DVDs look outstanding!!!

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 426
You could have posted this in the existing CC threads, but short and sweet:

The CC will get a channel map from your system. Any channel location on the STB will translate to the same channel on your CC. So yes the channels will work as high as your cable system currently has channels set in their channel plan.

PQ with the CC is far better then what you are used to seeing with a STB. The easier option is to plug the cable line straight into the TV without the STB and see how you analog channels look that way. If they don't look any better then with the STB straight to the TV, I would recommend you call the cable company and have them come check your signal strength.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the quick response:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us