HELP WITH THIS STUPID LCD TV

heartless 12
Unregistered guest
Hi all i hope someone can help me

Iv just been and brought a samsung lcd tv connected it all up fine now iv found out about this HDMI/DVI stuff so im thinking about going to get a cable for it. But iv noticed that my sky box and my dvd recorder dont have this option is there anyway i coud get a converter cable or anything like this as i feel im missing out on something without this cable thanks all as you can tell this is all a bit new to me

To be honest the only reason i found the lead problem is because my PIP wont work its always set to the HDMI as the main input so at the moment if i turn the PIP on i get my sky box in 1 picture and a blank screen in the other half so it seems i v got to run the HDMI to even use PIP :-(

heartless 12
Unregistered guest
Oh and also i have a slot on the side of my tv for a CI(COMMON INTERFACE)CARD any idea what this is for as i dont have a card and aint got a clue where to get 1 from thanks

Lentil Detard
Unregistered guest
Yeah, it's the TV that's stupid.

Your PIP won't work unless you have two inputs hooked up. For example, I use cable for my main and an over the air antenna for the PIP source. You also have to assign the sources within the TV menus (one to main, one to PIP) or even having two sources won't do the trick.

The HDMI does not do anything for you if you don't have a source that offers that output interface. An upconvert DVD player or HD receiver will be your most likely requirement for this hookup.

There's no way to use a cable to convert your analog component hookup to a digital HDMI or DVI.

heartless 12
Unregistered guest
Ok thanks for your help any ideas about this space for a card i can put in on the side of my tv

Unregistered guest
Can you please advise me on setting up my PS2 in PIP in my Samsung LCD TV. I think I have to set up HDMI???

I've tried changing the source, but all I get is either my PS2 screen and Nothing or my Sky and nothing. I can't get two channels of anything on PIP.

It sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Please advise

M Elwell
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us