Samsung DLP HL-R4266W PIP Help Needed! Newbie!!

Username: Atlantaarch

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a 42" Samsung HL-R4266W DLP TV and had the Comcast cable guy come out to hook up the HDTV. I'm running the cable signal directly from the cable box to the TV using an HDMI cable. I'm having trouble getting my PIP to work. When in HDMI mode, my TV won't give me an option for PIP. Do I need to have a splitter to create a seperate analog signal for the TV before the cable reaches the cable box? Where do I plug these in on the TV(Component,AV, or Antenna)? Best Buy told me I need a D-splitter? What is that? Please help before football season is over!

I also have a PS2 and Bose 3.2.1 system that I need to hook up right. I have been on the phone with Comcast and Samsung for hours now, but still have not resolved the problem. Thanks for any help.

Post Number: 2
Another question: Do the Bose and PS2 need to go to the component input or the A/V inputs? Does it make any difference? Thanks again!

Bronze Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 100
You'll definitely want the PS2 to go to Component, it will make a big difference in image quality. Likewise the Bose/DVD player. Any output you can push in 480p or higher should go through component cables. AV just can't carry the bandwidth for that kind of output.

HS

Post Number: 3
After hours and hours on the phone with Comcast, Samsung, and Best Buy, I found out the PIP on the Samsung 42" DLP (HL-R4266W) only works with a cable card or the antenna as the main picture. HDMI will not allow PIP. The way to set it up is use a cable card as your main picture input, the have a seperate digital box (for Comcast menu's, On demand, DVR) connected to the TV via compnent cables. Every other size of the Samsung DLP's offer the more expanded PIP options. Just wanted to let everyone interested in the 42" know of it's capabilities, or lack there of.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us