Multi-Media Projectors for Theater Use ?

Unregistered guest
I was kinda looking around today and was wondering if these Presentation projectors like the Toshiba TDP S20 (http://www.toshibadata.com.sg/mobile/dataprojectors/index.html) are any good for home theater use at all ? I saw a couple of them at a local store in used condition and the price was certainly attractive . No remote control though:-(

Thanks for any help

XJ

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 58
What are your ultimate goals for the room? Screen sizes from 70" down to 50", the ultimate screen is the Samsung 1080P DLP. 10,000 to 1 contrast and 1080p format. Nothing out right now comes close to it. I am using a 61" 1080p. Less than 80lbs and 17" thick.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 16
I wouldn't be real quick to pick up a presentation projector. As you don't know how good it is gonig to be converting signals. Or how good it's going to be with motition,...

Plus it's only an 800x600 projector, which is the low end anyway. So I would guess you can find a more home theater orenteted projector for not that much money. Though it might not be bad at all, I mean it looks like a fine projector. it really depends on the price. did you look at anything like the infocus 4805?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 17
I would guess he is looking to get a large picture, that isn't very much money, and still looks great. Also it really depends on your seating distance, if you arn't going to be sitting that close to your tv, there isn't much of a reason to go with 1080p( though it would be nice).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us