Hitachi LCD Projection HDTV 50 in. - 50VX915 vs. JVC - HD-ILA Projection TV 52in - JVC HD52Z575 D-ILA TV

Username: Scope

Post Number: 1
Today my dad and I took a ride over to a local Stereo Speaker place looking to buy great quality speakers for a home theatre. We haven't figured out which TV we should go out and get yet. Of couse my mom doesnt care, but my dad and I want to make sure we get a good one. The guy at there speaker place recommended the JVC HD-ILA TV. So, my dad and I had a look. The HD channel wasn't that great at all.

Then we took a look at the 50 in. Hitachi TV and the quality was a lot sharper and better looking on the same HD channel. The guy still stuck to the JVC. I thought that the guy had something worked out with JVC since the picture quality was really noticeable. Maybe it was our illusions, since the guy was really set on the AMAZING JVC.

Im hoping that maybe someone here could shed some light on both these TV's for my dad and I.

-Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 701
I've had the JVC for around a month now and it's a great set on all accounts. The brightness and color is the best (IMO) across all rear projectors.

The tv is at its worst when dealing with a bad source signal. A new DVD will look amazing while an older one will suffer from pin cusions and more digital noise in the black areas. The black levels are bested by a few other sets like the latest generation of Samsung DLPs, but overall this is still the set for me. The set may fail in very dark sections of material, but overall it's still my top pick.

Next time you audition the Hitachi and JVC try to do an A-B on DVD playback, this will guarentee a good source.

Username: Bruceorlando

Orlando - Mickey Mouse..., Florida-By-God US of A

Post Number: 5
Kano's right. It's all about the store's display.

I looked at TV's from several BB, Sears, Tweeter, etc. and picture quality varied from store to store.

I found one store where the JVC just smoked all the others and had the picture I wanted.

Purchase the JVC set and the picture quality at home is better than looked at the best store.

-bruce

Username: Scope

Post Number: 2
Wow, now I understand why the guy kept on telling us how it was a really amazing set. I will surely tell my dad all of this information. We plan on going over to Best Buy and Sears today actually. I was just blown away by the Hitachi at this place, but the experts must know more than me at the specific stores. If anyone else has more information, please feel free to add any comments.

HDDD
Unregistered guest
Solow
I own a Hitachi 60V500 and I'm here to tell you that I probably wouldn't buy Hitachi again. The HD picture is great and I think it's hard to compete with Hitachi in this area, however, the quality of the v500 series is terrible. I would hope that the light engine in the V915 series does not have the same problems that the V500 series do - just take a look at the 50V500 forum. Almost everyone that owns this TV has had to have the light enging replaced - sometimes multiple times at a cost between 1500-2000 dollars. Just wanted to warn you. Do your research on the model your looking at before jumping into it. Hitachi is not alone in their share of problems with rear projection LCD's. Just make sure and check all the major forums on the exact model your looking at to check for any reaccuring problems. You could avoid a lot of headaches and $$$ in the future.
Good luck
HDDD
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us