Looking to buy a good clone

Username: Ipso

Post Number: 1
Money is tight. I am looking to buy any good clone fta receiver that wont dig a hole in my pocket.(pantec,Skyview,votex or any).I might buy more than 5 if the price is right.

I tried ordering ft=rom FTAworld but they have lots of back order and the way it is I might not get till the 3rd week.

Any faster alternative would do........and if you can do COd that would be the bomb.

BTW I am near Vancouver - BC and willing to pick up if you got many units and the price is right.

Do let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Max5wm

Post Number: 57
Clones are not the best primary receivers because you usually have to wait for new files to come out. So expect to wait longer for updates if all you have is a clone. Also, clones do not always have the same features of the brand they are copying. In addition, clones undermine FTA in general because the dollars you spend elsewhere which would have gone to file support, go instead towards equipment manufacturing. If money is tight, why do you need 5 receivers anyway? Start off with a name brand and add on when you have more disposable income. Just my $.02.

Username: Ipso

Post Number: 2
I am not getting em for myself.The people that need em can only afford clones at the moment.

Honestly 95% of FTA receivers out there are all the same.They are all cheaply made clone or no clone. hell I know some clones that out perform their originals.

If a clone is all one can afford....well go ahead and get it.If one is willing to wait for the fix(which BTW comes out within 36 hours after the original).

Nag2 is still new and nobody can claim a clear advantage over others(dont believe the hype).

Anybody with access to good clones...drop me a message

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 38
Cheapest will be Ebay or a buy/sell area at one of the DSS site forums..Make doesn't matter since its a CLONE!...and money appers to be your main concern...Pantec might be the easiest to find files for..

Username: Dishstream

Post Number: 4
I am also interested in buying a clone, but most of the members on forums are against it, as the quality is pooor, and freezes a lot. which are the most reliable sites where one can safely use their Ccard, I have never used mine because of ripoff fear, who knows with whom we dealing with, everysite is selling these receivers.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 162
WHY? I ask again WHY? would anyone buy a clone on purpose, if you can't afford the real thing how are you going to deal with dead equipment when a bin written is a clone killer, WHY? take the chance it makes no sense, and what can the differance in price be (I have not looked at the price of clones not interested in sub quality equipment) but if it means saving a few more dollars before you get a brand name then wait!
Just think what it would be like to get a "NEW" clone and load a bin that happens to have a "clone Killer" in it and never get any enjoyment out of what you purchased, It's not worth the chance,
Take My advise By a brand that you can trust, "READ" here and other sites and make up your mind but don't get pulled into buying a clone You Won't Be Happy!!!

BUY Pantec MS / PF
Unregistered guest
RE: "WHY buy a clone?"

1. NO software will "kill" your receiver. What the "clone killer" soft does is it puts the cpu in a loop and /or erases the flash.
EASY FIX: JTAG IT

2. IF you solder pin 191 and 192 toghether (forget about grounding it or adding a resistor to that) IT WILL accept and run ANY "clone killer" code

3. Price of clone wholesale is 1/3 or less, of the price of original pansat.

4. There is no difference in picture/sound quality

5. DO NOT buy Pantec Ultra / MX because it doesnt have a jtag on the motherboard, and if you ever need to jtag it, you'll have to solder to a cpu pin, - which is extrememly difficult thing to do - and most likely you'll solder additional pins because they are so close toghether - closer than a human hair.

6. BUY Pantec MS/PF

7. FTAWorld is selling Pantec MX -which i recommended u should NOT buy (hard to jtag)

BUY Pantec MS / PF
Unregistered guest
forgot to add:

8. Pantec MS /PF comes with a remote control that works for both Fortec and Pansat

9. You can load either Fortec Ultra or Pansat 2500 bin

10. Pantec MS / PF has JTAG header already in the motherboard (unlike original pansat/fortec that only has solder points)

11. Pantec MS / PF Has HEAT SINK on the processor.. originals do not, nor does Pantec mx

You can't beat Pantec MS / PF, specially since u make simple solder connection between pin 191 and 192 and it WILL RUN any clone killer bin - perfectly fine.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 166
and you sappose that this person has electrical skills to know what pins to solder together or even for that matter knows how to open such a clone and what to do after they open it.
If the cost is 1/3 you can expect 1/3 the support as well.
BUY THE REAL THING, WHAT EVER SYSTEM YOU DECIDE ON PERIOD.

BUY Pantec MS / PF
Unregistered guest
YES:
1. Theres plenty of pictures - try www.pantecdvb.com
2. The CPU pins are marked and numbered in printed numbers on the motherboard.
3. Instead of solder - stick ALUMINUM FOIL between the 191 and 192 pins - u can remove it easily with a wooden tooth pick, and u cant ruin the cpu by soldering addiacent pins (solder is hard to remove)

4. If you cant figure out how to remove the case cover - 3 screws - then this HOBBY is NOT for
you.

5. Support? Thats what WE'RE HERE FOR...WE as a community

Now that said, if money is NO PROBLEM to you, you will buy a DreamBox, simply because the EPG is flawless and complete...and they will have fixes before anybody else... but THATS IT. And for that you'll be paying 5 times the cost of a Pantec.

So ... sure.. take your pick

Username: Richardmatlock

Post Number: 1
anyone know about the ariza 400/500 system? am trying to flash this system but having trouble. does anyone have a flash that works? is anyone currently using this system to watch dish network? how do u flash it? i tried downloading ZUP Ultra 500 from fta.central but i can't seem to get it to work. do i need to download something else 1st, like a bin file? please provide me with some good info on how to get this receiver working. thx

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
Go to www.al7bar.tk ...they have a specific area for those receivers, which are NOT very popular..

Silver Member

Post Number: 152
go here for Ariza files:

http://www.al7barfiles.tk/index.php?...rectory=Ariza&

this is what i know about this unit:L
-it uses null modem cable to connect to 232
-there is no bin, only an exe with bin inside of it
-connect ird to 232, start the .EXE fix and then plug in the ird to hydro.
-then do this: "xtreme"
ok i think i got it!
flash reciever
factory reset
unlock menu
unlock rcvr
unlock parental guide
setup satellites
scan satellites.

now if you are hving trouble gettiong all the channels then read what "berettta" said
"Prior to everything going down I had my 400 running perfectly with all channels. I scanned one TP at a time. Once you scan all satellites you have hooked up, you have to go into the menu and into the channel list setup and choose all from the satellite list. Then you should see all the channels."

but Ariza dose have a nice giude when it works. it is a nice ird.
and the group that support this ird should give us a hand. if not on the forum then in pm, or something.

am i bieng to biegging or demanding..you are maybe right !!i could havebought a diffrent ird.. so i should simply wait for my fix..

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us