VGA to 480i on the cheap

Username: Pininfarina

CalgaryCANADA

Post Number: 1
Hi I just found this forum today and thought maybe someone here could clear up a couple of things for me. I have an LG TV with component inputs, and want to display my computer on it. Seeing pin-outs to VGA connectors, I was tempted to make myself an adapter from the + and - of R,G,B from my VGA connector, and try plugging it in to my component inputs, at 640x480 and 60Hz. Wasn't sure if it would work, but TV is under warranty so I was gonna risk it. After reading about the standards it seems that won't work, because my TV's component input is 480i (may do others, I'll check the manual). Anyways does someone know what I would need to do to make this work? Do I NEED an expensive adapter or is there another way? Oh and also if I can't get my computer to go down to 640x480, is 800x600 possible (would not go to 640x480 with old video card, haven't tried new one yet).

LG RU-20FB30 20" CRT TV
nVidia GeForce2 MX (problematic S-video & composite outs)

Thanks

Curtis

Unregistered guest
I think that all you need to do this is a VGA to component video cable. Try this one: http://www.showmecables.com/estore/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=2597&idCategory= 437 The composite or S-video outputs ought to work also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us