EPG on digiwave receiver?

BaconCane
Unregistered guest
Anybody know about the EPG working on a digiwave receiver?...got all the channels and sometimes I get the EPG but then drops off..

Bronze Member
Username: Klemper

Post Number: 34
me too, turn to channel 118 and shut the receiver off for a couple of minutes. This helps somewhat but mine still does not work well at all.

Anonymous

i have the same problem with the channels drop off after awhile. What i do is before pressing the epg button i press the info button. it seem to bring back the epg listing somewhat.

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 29
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is from some other site.

works with DiGiwave 7000 and kusat pro2600a

Load with FTLink3.4 Here are the instructions I used to load.

It DOES HAVE a few gliches in the program..... But for my use, it's working just fine for now.

Download and unzip XXX 303b_130 _091405_n2_faster_EPG_PPV_X_Version and Ftlink 3.4 attached
1- Open FLlink 3.4 exe
2- Setup Com and choose you serial port comport(Com 1 for most pcs) (if it give you error, do not worry go to step 3)
3- Click Upgrade Software (keep channel list). It will open a window "Sorry, the software is only provided for whole upgrade if continue, channel list and satellite info will alter. Continue?". PRESS OK
4- Browse XXX 303b_130 _091405_n2_faster_EPG_PPV_X_Version file and double click on it.
5- Download will start. Display will go from D0001 to D0100 then - - - -, then from F0001 to F0100, the GOOD.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT TURN RECEIVER OFF or DO NOTHING until you see GOOD on Display.
6- TURN Receiver OFF from back switch., then back ON . Display will show boot then 0.

NOW you have TWO Options

I- SET Antennas and SCAN
II- Load a TEXT FORMAT Channel list with FTlink 3.4 and Write Factory Data Option

As per vcurbel instructions
I. Antenna settings and scan

Antenna settings depend on you Dish-LNB-switch hardware
For example if you connected 119 LNB to a diseqc switch SAT 1(A) input and 110 to SAT 2(B)

I-Press MENU
II-Scroll to Installation
III-Right arrow to Antenna Set up
IV-Then in Antenna 1 select
Type: FIXED
Satellite: Right arrow until ECHO119
LNB type: NORMAL
LNB Freq 1: enter 11250
LNB Freq 2: enter 11250
0/12Volt: NONE
22KHz tone: NONE
Diseqc: Right arrow until A
Transponder: It doesn't matter. You can right arrow and see if you get signal in all in the signal bar on right side of the screen

go up to Antenna and right arrow to 2 then set

Type: FIXED
Satellite: Right arrow until ECHO 110
LNB type: NORMAL
LNB Freq 1: enter 11250
LNB Freq 2: enter 11250
0/12Volt: NONE
22KHz tone: NONE
Diseqc: Right arrow until B
Transponder: It doesn't matter. You can right arrow and see if you get signal in all in the signal bar on right side of the screen

V- Press exit. It will ask you
Are you sure to change the configuration of Antenna setting?
Move up arrow once to select OK(ok background in yellow)
Press OK

VI- Scroll down to Channel Search and press OK
VII- Select antenna 1 that is your 119(ECHO119)
VIII- Scroll down to Search 1 SAT(FTA+ $) and Press Ok and scan will start. Or just press Blue Button.
IX- After scan is completed scroll to complete (yellow background) and press OK
X- Scroll up to Antenna and right arrow to 2(ECHO110) and repeat step VIII
XI- After scan is completed press Ok to VIEW
Now

7- TV screen will show Orange DIGITAL screen and Updating......... Wait updating until channel opens.
8- Enjoy BUT. DN Channels wont be named. They will have TVXXXX format. Except HIST, FUSE, ANIML, HBO-E, SPORT, BRAVO channels.
9- you can edit ur channel as explained by IZA or using Channel edit program
a. Connect ird to PC with RS-232C null modem cable again.
b. Turn on the power of the DG6800 receiver
c. After you saw "boot" disappeared, run FTLINK.exe on your computer. Click " Setup Comm" button and select COM1, click "ok".
d. Click "Read User Data" button and save the data (xxxx.txt) from your ird to your folder.
e. Open xxxx.txt w/ notepad.
f. Scroll it down to [program information] section, you will find all channels are listed below. And then, find "serviceID" column. This ID is the same as SID.
g. Refer to the other channel list you have or ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm or lyngsat.c om, input the channel name to replace "TVxx". For instance, put "0498 Pboy Esp" to replace "TV211". (notes: 1, only 13 bytes is allowed within double quotation marks. 2. do not touch anything else but channel on this section)
h. Save it.
i. Follow 1, 2, 3, then, click "Write Factory Data". open the new xxxx.txt file (which is you just finished). Then click ok.
j. Wait for the receiver said GOOD (!!!Do not interrupt the downloading until it complete)
k. Shutdown the power for receiver connects it to TV and Antenna and turn it on.
h- Tune a DN scramble channel, wait for updating keys and watch TV. If you gave channel alphabetical names or numbers you can press MENU-TV Channel OK-Press menu again-Scroll to Sort-OK-Scroll to Alphabet-OK-Exit-exit-exit and channel will be alphabetical order

II- LOAD a TXT channel list

7- Loading an someone else's edited channel list txt

Open FTlink3.4 and Left click "Write User data", then, browse the channel list txt you want to use .Double Click on it.
Download will start. DO NOT INTERRUP THE PROCESS.
Display will show loading from d001 to d200, then will go - - - -, then will show "good"

8. Turn OFF power from back panel switch.

9- Connect receiver to TV cable to RF out and dish/switch/LNB cable to LNB IN. Turn it ON. Display will show "boot", then - - - -. Screen may roll, Then will show 0 then wait until shows 1. TV screen will show Orange DIGITAL screen and a channel info

10- If setting for channel 0001 sat and tp are correct (switches and connections correspond to your hardware). DIGITAL Orange screen will show updating in the upright corner. Wait updating until channel video opens.

If Antenna settings do not correspond to your switches and connections go to step 19

11- Press MENU, down arrow scroll to User Installation. Right arrow to Antenna Set up. Press OK.

IT will go to Antenna 1.
Now ull have to change 22KHz and diseqc depending on ur switches and connections. Repeat process for Antenna 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on if any.

In the example above where 119 LNB is connected to a diseqc switch SAT 1(A) input and 110 to SAT 2(B). If ECHO 119 is in Antenna 1 just scroll down to diseqc, right arrow and change it to A. If ECHO 119 is not in Antenna 1 s press right arrow until you see ECHO 119 and change the diseqc to A as explained before.

Then scroll up to Antenna and press right arrow until you see ECHO110 . Scroll down to diseqc and right arrow to B.

12- Press Exit, it will show a Message Box, scroll to Ok(yellow) and press OK.It will save your changes and the DIGITAL Orange screen will show updating in the upright corner. Wait until channel video opens.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Posted by Yono at www.al7bar.tk

XXX 303b_130 _091405_n2_faster_EPG_PPV_X_Version.zip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix for 09-13-05 ECM. EPG works much faster . You can load your channel list txt but it has one in as previous. OH You do not need to activate EMU

Thanks ftadssftp
Attached Files XXX 303b_130 _091405_n2_faster_EPG_PPV_X_Version.zip (694.3 KB, 1456 views)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
This newer file is posted at [link removed] in their General FTA files area...must register and join...safe site

Digiwave DG7000 DG5900C DG6800_0922_full_n1_n2_X_final version

EPG bug fix and faster channel changing.

Any question, please post in the FTA discussion forums

Attached Files
digiw7000_hw130_v303_p240_0922_epg_n1_n2_final.zip (687.8 KB, 37 views)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us