Unfinalized disc

Anonymous

I have a big problem. I recorded a very important home video of my kids on a dvd-r with an Ilo dvd recorder and it would not finalize. It just wouldnt do anything and so i tried it again and it said bad disk. I ended up taking it back to the store and bought an Emerson dvd and vhs combo and in the process of trying to record the vhs onto the dvd I accidentally taped over my video. My question is, is there anyway to get my video off of the dvds that I recorded on the Ilo recorder that wouldnt finalize? Can i go back and get another Ilo recorder and try to finalize the dvd or record it back onto the vhs? The problem is i dont think i can get it to even play on the Ilo recorder. I am desperate because that was the only copy of that video and my favorite. Please help if you can.

Gold Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 1230
In the future, for those irreplaceable VHS tapes, always break the tab from the spine. Take your unfinalized DVD to a retail establishment and try it in several DVD recorders. If it plays, finalized it. Then there would be several options for copying it.

The MOFO has spoken.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us