IDC and Consumer Reports claim Plasma BEST choice

Username: Tomb

Post Number: 4
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3424/273087528Pioneer %20DTV%20White%20Paper%20-%20FINAL.pdf

This is a white paper by IDC comissioned by Pioneer to test all types of fixed pixel displays.

The results bust all plasma myths including the dreaded burn in. The fact thet Pioneer (a Plama TV maker) paid for this test should not render the resukts irrelavant for two reasons.

1. IDC is a very well respected organization and will not destroy it's credibility by "faking test rersults"

2. If the results were not in Pioneers favor as conducted and paid for by Pioneer I am sure they already knew what the results would be and just paid for a respected organization to independantly test.

That said there is no reason not to buy a Plasma. They take up way less room. They have much better blacks. Better color rendition. Longer life.
Less brightness loss after a year of 4 hour a day use. (projector TVs lose 22%)

A 50" Plasma can be had for $2500 on the low side and a name brand 42 can be had for as much as a 50" Projection TV and won't cost $250 evry year or 2500 hours for a lamp.

I predict this will be the peak year in RP micro display sales as plasma and LCD drop there will be no reason to deal with a TV that has

Latency issues in gaming
Lamp issues and costs
Audio sync issues
Rainbow visual issues
as documented in this very forum.

AS always do your own research read others opinions , combine them with what YOU KNOW to be true and make an informed decision.

Fred bong Bailey rebuttal
Unregistered guest
This is toilet paper by tom bong, alias Fred Bailey. comissioned by bong to smear all types of fixed pixel displays except the one he owns.

His comments will make you bust a gut laughing at all DLP myths. The fact that bong (a Plasma TV owner) owns one should render his comments irrelavant for two reasons.

1. He's not a very well respected poster and will destroy his credibility by telling lies and misleading the public.

2. If his comments were true and accurate, I am sure you would not find this satire funny at all.

That said there is no reason to buy a Plasma. DLP's are light and look great in any room. They have much better blacks, better color rendition, and a much longer life than plasma. DLP's experience no brightness loss after years of use. (plasma TVs lose 50% in 5 years) It's basically a throw-away technology.

A 50" DLP can be had for $1600 on the low side and a name brand 42 can be had for as much as a CRT TV and won't cost but $200 every three years for a lamp that makes the image like new again. DLP is not a throw-away display like plasma.

I predict this will be the peak year in plasma display sales as DLP and LCD drop.

AS always do your own research read others opinions , combine them with what YOU KNOW to be true and make an informed decision.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us