This is WEIRD!!...what do you think?

Nag Who?
Unregistered guest
I own a Multistar 2500PF reciever, I had it downloaded on Sept.26, Since then I haven't been able to lock in on the 110 Multistar Satellite! My level goes to about 80% and the quality stays at 0%. The guy who sold it to me was out of town until yesterday. I had him come over with his $700 sat finder and he couldn't lock onto the satellite either. I live in BC Canada does antone have a clue of what's wrong? The dish I'm using is an eliptacal Star Choice. I used to have it pointed at the Bell satellite and I've always had 90% level and 90% quality. The thing that gets me is that I brought the person who sold me the reciever (and his works fine) but why the hell does everyone else get the Dishnet 110 satellite and I'm stuck s__t out of luck?

Also, he has a registered store (with Bell and Star Choice products)and probably shouldn't be selling these units. Then he dosn't support the products he is selling, Shouldn't he be able to figure this out! What should I do?

Username: Spank

Post Number: 5
Star Choice uses linear Polarity and DishNet uses Circular Polarity.
Change the LNB's.

Nag Who?
Unregistered guest
Thanks Spanky,
The LNB: Is that where it should be 11250?
Because that's what it is at.

Post Number: 6
The LNB is the part of the satellite that the cable comes out of (on the arm). The StarChoice ones are not compatible with Dishnet. You need to replace it with a LNB that supports Circular Polarity.

Nag Who?
Unregistered guest
Sorry, I think that it has a Bell ExpressVu LNB, because that is what I was getting before. The Dish is a Star Choice eliptical but I think that the LNB is a Bell ExpressVu. Does that make a difference?

Nag Who?
Unregistered guest
How can I tell if it's a Bell LNB or a Star Choice LNB? Does it say on the LNB? Or does it even matter? Thanks again.

Nag Who?
Unregistered guest
Man I miss LK, to bad these lil' losers sent him packing! Didn't take much to make him crack though...Anyone else know? Seems like Spanky is gone for now. Thanks.

Also, it is a Bell LNB. Any other ideas?

Post Number: 7
It sounds like the LNB is the problem but if you had Bell working it does sound strange. Someone actually changed the LNB before on the dish for sure? Try changing the settings in the antenna setup to see if that changes anything.

Post Number: 8
Try this:
In the setup try changing LNB settings maybe try 10,600 MHz if you have UNIVERSAL LNB or 10,750 MHz if it is a STANDARD LNB, I noticed you said yours was at 11250. I don't have a lot of experience with ellipticals but maybe the skew angle should be adjusted but you're satellite guy with the $700 finder probably played around with that.
Maybe Bosox LK could shed some light here?

NAG yourself
Unregistered guest
yup that the same problem i was experiencing earlier, getting 90% level but 0% quality. next thing i noticed, the LNB setting was on UNIVERSAL. Then I set to STANDARD, BAM!!! quality jump to 99%...fixed the problem.

Bronze Member
Username: Max5wm

Post Number: 54
Take the LNB and put it between your mother's knees.

Min Power
Unregistered guest
Why when its already sloppy from your infested mother? Too many late street nights for her produced your ugly as$ and now you're getting it up the poopshoot for money just like her. I bet you are both so proud you fukkin retard

Post Number: 9
Check your Transponders also. Do you have a current channel list loaded into your unit? It sounds like you might need to double check your transponder settings. If you have the 80% level you should be able to do a blind scan. Let me know if any of this works.....

Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 4
Love my StarChoice oval

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dish is very forgiving as far as fine tuning. I can pick up birds 4 or 5 degrees apart at the same time, for the linear ku. I get G10 and G13 at the same time, same goes for E9-SatMex5, AMC4-T5. And the 2 Dave circular LNB's are set at 9 degrees apart, so E6,8 and E7 come in the same time. Every thing works fine.

Upload

Upload

Post Number: 10
That is a sweet setup you have Thill1951. I am impressed with the add-on LNBs. What receiver you running with that?

dssjunkie
Unregistered guest
Focking eh!! I like it, can i get one???

Username: Chico

Post Number: 10
f*cking a... Thill are u Macguyver,did u put that together w/ ty-wraps

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 23
FTA is NOT brain surgery...use whatever works...rubber bands,wire,T wraps...whatever..

U THE MAN
Unregistered guest
WHAT A BRAIN STORM U ARE LK...
U NEED TO TEACH MC SOMETHING, "SORRY"
HE KNOWS EVERYTHING!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us