Toshiba 30HF83 TV (need opinions)

Username: Juvenile

Canada

Post Number: 2
http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?lg=en&section=2&group=6&product=2270

This is going into my ~200 sq.ft room and will be my first tv. I work at Best Buy so I do get a discount on it. I can pick it up for ~780 USD before taxes, when most places on the internet sell them ~1000 USD, so I get a pretty decent discount. What do you all think of this TV. Remember this is for my room, but will be the TV I will be using most of the time since I'll add my own DVD player and sattelite to it. I like the picture and look of the tv, so I guess I'm just asking if maybe there is another one in a similar price range that you recommend, or heard something bad about this one. Thanks for the input. :-)

-Dimitry

Username: Juvenile

Canada

Post Number: 4
Oh and one last thing, I know some TV's can run 720P, whereas I noticed this only runs 1080i/540P. For 30" would that make a big difference? I am planning on running my laptop (whichever connection is possible..I have VGA, SVIDEO and Firewire (which I don't think this TV comes with). In the future I might put a nice gaming pc with a good video card. Should I be looking at 720P? Is it even in my budget?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us