Panasonic DMR-EH50 - Records wrong channel

Unregistered guest
My Panasonic DMR-EH50, when programmed to record on a channel to the HDD, it sometimes records PBS instead of the defined channel. This only seems to happen when the unit automatically turns off and I forget to turn it on in the morning. What's weird is that it says it's recording on the correct channel, but it'll be PBS until I cycle to the next channel and back to the original. Anyone know how I can prevent this? It's causing me to miss a lot of the programs I'm setup to record.

fx
Unregistered guest
Stop using the IR blaster (if you are usinf it on an STB), it searches for the TV Guide channel for nightly downloads which is often provided by your local PBS station. If you have a coax directly from the wall I can't imagine how this is occuring unless you have a conflicting timer set.

xvxvxvx

fx
Unregistered guest
Stop using the IR blaster (if you are usinf it on an STB), it searches for the TV Guide channel for nightly downloads which is often provided by your local PBS station. If you have a coax directly from the wall I can't imagine how this is occuring unless you have a conflicting timer set.

xvxvxvx

Unregistered guest
I'm not using an IR Blaster. It's hooked up to normal coax. I have no idea why it's doing it... It's only when the unit automatically turns off and then records while turned off.

Philip_
Unregistered guest
Hey Brian,
I had the same model (Panasonic DMR-EH50). I bought it at Circuit City about 2 months ago and mine was doing the very same thing. Just about every time I set it up to record (manually) a program on CBS, it would record PBS instead. I wasn't using the IR Blaster either, as I only have basic TV (no cable, had it for years and always thought it was a waste of money). I exchanged it for another unit (same model), but the second unit did it too. I did get a 3-year extended warranty on mine, but when it was having these issues within the first 30 days, I wanted a new machine, not mine to be repaired. The technology guru at CC said he gotten a few returns on this model regarding this problem, so sounds like it's a defect in manufacturing. Fortunately for me, it was within the first 30-days I had each unit, so I was able to get a full refund. So now I'm back to using my old VCR till I find a better DVR. I say return it and get your money back if you can. If not, then I'd start calling Panasonic. I hope this helps.
Regards,
Philip

k_honda
Unregistered guest
1) reset the recorder by pressing the up and down channel buttons together located on the front of the unit for more than five seconds.

2) Shut the unit off then back on again.

3) Follow the directions up to step 3 in pages 16-17 of the user manual for setting up the TV guide onscreen system. Enter your zip code, Cable=Yes, Cablebox=No. When you reach step 3 select 'Enter'.

4) On the remote, press the 'Setup' button and the Setup options screen will appear. The clock should have been set when you setup the TV Guide Onscreen initial setup. I chose to disable the DST (Daylight Savings Time) option at this point; you can choose to disable or keep it enabled. DON'T use the Preset Channel Captions or the Manual Channel Captions options.

5) Exit Setup and turn the unit off then back on again. It is important to setup the TV Guide onscreen system initially after resetting the unit and NOT 'Set Channels Automatically' in the Setup options afterwards.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us