Be very scared of this technology..

TomBong
Unregistered guest
Sammy has an issue with Gaming. What are they doing to rebate those customers who spent $3000 on a TV that claimed NO IMAGE BURN in to game on oonly to find they still have latency issues?

There are those on this board who expect a reliable TV for 7- 10 years

$3000 IS a lot of money for a TV that has sync and latency issues, Lamp life issues and a myriad of other issues.

MOst of the programming on cable is Standard TV. Its no waste of money to wait until the fixed Pixel TV makers get their collective crap together and make a relaible TV that does not have latency, bulb, sync, and the other issues I have read here in the FIRST 6 MONTHS to 2 YEARS..thats a long way from your own 10 year $25 a month target.

WAIT...WAIT until there is MORE HD content then not. WAIT until the sets are reliable (and there are more message threads here discussing more then ISSUES like other interest group gear) WAIT until the prices come down as a bunus. In the mean time get yourself a HD RPCRT for $1200 and enjoy the minimal HD content. IN 3-4 years for $1200 you will be able to get a more reliable and better FP TV.

jca
Unregistered guest
Tom, I aggree with you that HD RPCRT is the way to go for the immediate future if you are in any way mindful of the $$ you spend and the return on that investment. The problem is that unless someone goes out and buys and uses new technology, it will never evolve into anything as a standard.

fx
Unregistered guest
If by "latency" issues you are implying that some type of burn-in exists or that the persistence is too long for fast gaming usage you are beyond hope Mr. Bong. Not to mention flat wrong, otherwise please define what you mean by latency issues.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 890
FX-

He is refering the the "lag" issues. Some Samsung DLP sets have a slight delay when playing games.

He is right about that, but his HD content complain is way off base. Between the 15+ HD channels I get, and the use of a HD DVR, I don't think I watch more than 10% SD content. Nothing like watching the NFL in HD from 10am to 10pm every Sunday.

Bronze Member
Username: Kwallstorm

Post Number: 17
Mr.Lynch
I couldn't agree with you more. I watched the game last night and was just blown away with the picture. I kept telling my wife to stop moving around and just sit and focus on the quality of the display. It really brings the viewing pleasure to a new level.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us