Please Help..Pro Scan Convergence Problem I think..?

justinpool2000
Unregistered guest
I just bought a used Pro Scan 80 Series yesterday and it worked great. We moved it from Denver to Westminster and when i pluged it in the picture on the right looks fine but when you look towards the left the picture Dips down and then back up. I pulled the back plastic cover off the back and the mirror looked fine.

justinpool2000
Unregistered guest
Update... So I was able to adjust the color and the picture looks great on the right side. The dip in the picture on the left seems to be getting smaller. There is still a problem but it doesnt look that bad anymore. I think its just an adjustment fix but I have no ex. with big screens. If anyone could give advise that would be great.

thanks

ProScan:
M/ PS60682
C/ PTK171ACC

justinpool2000
Unregistered guest
Problem Solved.

Even though I didn't receive any replies to my question I did use this site and other posts to resolve my problem. I ended up having a tech come out to look at the TV after reading all the posts about messing up your set when you don't know what you're doing. It took him about 5 minutes to find the problem. One of the solder connections on the Video board was broken/loose. The tech simply re-soldered the connection and the set was fixed. Cost for this problem was 50.00 for just the tech visit/drive time and 84.99 for the re-solder.

So that's about it.

Thanks for letting me post my question and for all the past question/answers listed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us