Echo 7

Bronze Member
Username: Bib_macintyre

Post Number: 13
Guys I have a Fortec ultra star with latest bin 255c. a SINGLE DISH WITH A DUAL LNB and BRACKET.

I found Echo 6,8 but cant find 7. Level 82 Quality 45. Not great numbers!
No obstacles at all.

A neighbour of mine gets 83 level and 99 Quality, but has huge bushes in front of his dishes. 2 dish operation.

What am I doing wrong that I cant get Echo7.
Thanks in advance.BIB.

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
where are you? I'm having the same problem. I can get Echo 6,8 with good numbers and 7 is non existant until I hook up a second dish, even then the quality is low. I'm in the interior of B.C. . I get a better signal if I put a legacy LNBF on a starchoice 30 inch dish for 119, doesn't make any sense since 110 comes in good on the small 20 inch dish.

Anonymous

Caveman34

What don't make sense why mess with the 20 if you have a 30 BIGGER IS BETTER leave it at that..

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
I understand that bigger is better! I just can't figure out why 110 comes in good and 119 won't. I've tried and tested all cables and lnbs and everything is fine. 110 is lower than 119 so why the shitty signal? There is no tress in the way or anything either and with the 30 inch the signal is there but still weak on some channels. I know other people in the same town that are getting good signals so it must be where I'm located.

Bosox
Unregistered guest
Obvious hardware problem that U missed..have U tried reversing the cables on the LNB's?...that should tell U something..if 119 then becomes a poor signal and 110 the stronger,then its your cable,connectors,connection,disque switch,or LNB..

For those with NO signal on 110,then also need to check all hardware and scan both satellites and do a reboot..

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
You know that's the only friggin thing I have not checked!! I've been so busy trying to trouble shoot everything else I did not think of those. Thanks I'll give that a try and see what happens! what sat is better to tune in first 110 or 119?

Bosox
Unregistered guest
BOB...maybe that single dish is a DTV round with 2 LNB's (aligned at 1 single satellite)that are meant for 2 receivers, NOT 2 different satelite receivers..if so U can buy another LNB and strap it next to other LNB and make what is referred to as a 'poor mans " dish..

Home made 2 sat dish (using dtv dish & lnb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These FTA receivers are amazing lil toys. Using a dtv dish and an extra lnb can get you the 110 & 119 sats and consequently 457 FREE channels. I have done this myself and it's so easy, I can't believe they make dish's with skew adjustments. I literally use rubber bands or hair ties to strap an lnb to the existing lnb and get 2 birds very quickly. I will be attaching photos and it's just as easy as it looks. Standing behind your dtv dish thats already pointed at 101, simply turn it to the right a little and drop the elevation about 10%. This is where the 110 sat is. You can use your dtv receiver to find the 110 by going into dish pointing menu and selecting one of these transponders 8, 10 or 12. When you find the 110 you will hear the signal meter rise and you can then fine tune it. Attach an extra lnb to the right (facing the dish) by using rubber bands or hair ties or wire ties, about 2 1/2 " above the other existing lnb (see photo) Attach the cable from it to the dtv receiver and in dish pointing change the transponder to one of these 23, 25, 29 and you'll probably aready have some signal, slide it up or down, keeping it flush with the other. Once she's dialed in epoxy or super glue to the original lnb. This is soo easy!
When done you now have a single existing dtv dish that will pull 457 channels for your NEW FTA receiver!

Username: Prettylady

Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2
plz can any one help me i am out of foretec lifetime ultra binfile and key plz if any one have send me.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 144
mariam the files you need are at dsscentral. I just checked and they have what you need

coldgirl
Unregistered guest
I had 1 dtv dish which I was receiving echo 6,8. Got a second dtv dish hooked it up with a multi-dish switch and now only receive echo 7. I never moved the dish that echo 6,8 was being received on. Can someone help me.

coldgirl
Unregistered guest
Forgot to mention...echo 6,8 is on diseqc #3 and echo 7 is on diseqc #2. Maybe this has something to do with it?

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 92
whats on disque 1 and 4?...how about 4x1 disque switch with E7 (119) on #1 and E6/8 (110) on #2...and make sure U have the SAME disque settings in your satellite and antennae system menu installation setup...and U scan BOTH satellites, save it, then reboot/reset the receiver..

BTW...make sure BOTH 110 and 119 comes in one at a time, without the switch, thereby checking the alignment to be sure first.

Comrade Saturang
Unregistered guest
I recently taped another lnb to my exsting one so I can get both 110 and 119 with my fortec ultra and at the beginning I had problems as one would detect quality but not the other then the other way around and then I was getting same channels (from one sat or other)on both lnbs.. I eventually resolved it by reloading channel lists and rebooting fortec and rescanning multiple times.. seems it is a glich within fortec and just plugging at it will resolve it.

coldgirl
Unregistered guest
thill1951 - thanks alot. I'm now (finally after several months) can receive from both. The only problem after scanning some channels are coming in scrambled or bad channel and no signal. Is this normal. PPV - I'm only receiving 8 of them out of 32. The other all say bad or scrambled channels. Is this normal? Just checking ...its my first time.

h3lt3r sk3lt3r
Unregistered guest
@coldgirl

Sounds like you need to align your dish a little better to recieve the signal from all tp's. Just turn to a channel with low quality level, then start turning the dish left or right notch by notch with about 5 sec intervals until you see quality going up. Do it for both 119 and 110.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us