Matsui DVDR100 The ultimate problem?

Username: Flash_uk

Post Number: 1
Right this problem is either very simple and I am just looking too hard for the answer OR it is the ultimate problem!!!!!

Here is the background!!!

TV
I currently own a run of the mill wide screen TV it is a Durabran bought from ASDA.
It has 2 Scart lead and 1 AV3 Input

Freeview
I own a Digifusion FVRT 100 Digital video recorder 40GB this has 2 Scart leads

PS2
The PS2 we all should know about these!!!!

NTL
I own the basic NTL set top box

DVD Recorder
Just bought a Matsui DVDR100. This has 2 Scart and 2 AV3 inputs

Now my problem is that the DVDR can only pick up my basic channels on the TV & seems to be unable to pick all the signals from the scart connected appliances!!!

Now I currently have My TV set up with

AV1 = NTL
AV2 = DVDR (With my Digifusion connected to it)
AV3 = PS2

Now when I am on AV2 channel on my TV, the freeview plays fine until I turn on the DVDR then the DVDR takes the signal but there seems to be no way the DVDR can detect the signal from the Freeview and only allows me to watch the terrestrial channels from the TV.

When I scan for channels on the DVDR it will not detect the AV1(NTL), AV3(PS2) and Freeview connect directly into it.

Now I have also tried to connect the Digifusion FVRT100 Freeview as the main component to the TV as AV2 And had the DVDR connecting to the Freeview and this seem to make things worse as I can not even have the freeview on if I want to access the DVDR.

I am know getting a headache even writing this so I anyone can even make sense of what I have written can you please throw some ideas back to me!!!

All I want to do is be able to record my Freeview channels and my PS2 I am not fussed about NTL if means I can solve this riddle.

fx
Unregistered guest
I know nothing about "Freeview", but if it is a digital channel your DVD recorder cannot accept a digital input.

xvxvxvx

Username: Flash_uk

Post Number: 2
I have a very basic solution which is that when I want to record onto dvd i can just attach the program that i want to record via the arial and program a channel into the television and then tune that channel into my dvdr the only problem is the hassel of unplugging the whole setup just to record!!!

FX your advice is disconserting if true might it work if I use a hammer :o)

P1000
Unregistered guest
once the DVD has taken over press the DVD button on the right of the remote control about a third of the way from the top. this will then display the tv picture. at about the same level on the left is another button that allows you to choose source to get the scart.

Frazclay
Unregistered guest
it sound like the dvdr is activating the passthru on the freeview box and thus effectively switching off the freeview

fred blogs
Unregistered guest
Have you tried pressing the source button until the DVD player switches to SCART as the source for its signal ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us