Plasma is a better choice........

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 829
http://www.audioholics.com/techtips...performance.php

One of the most bewildering aspects of the buying process involves the technology used in generating the image on the screen. Specifically, the qualities and characteristics of plasma TVs are poorly understood and subject to a great deal of misinformation. Commonly held beliefs about plasmas include:

* Screens are subject to permanent image retention (commonly referred to as "burn in")
* Lifetimes are short
* Black levels are less than CRTs (and other technologies)
* Viewing angles are no different than TVs using other technologies
* Screen brightness is worse than TVs using other technologies
* Color accuracy is the same as TVs using other technologies

IDC & ISF undertook a rigorous set of tests using real-world products purchased from retail stores to determine the veracity of these claims. The goal was to determine whether they are accurate or simply myths that need to be dispelled to more accurately reflect the capabilities of today's plasma televisions.

Username: Tomb

Post Number: 3
Bump

Username: Stevea

Post Number: 10
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Screen burn-in IS an issue with plasma. Add that to the fact that to get a decent screen resolution with plasma requires spending the beau-coup $$--at this point it's definitely not worth it. Maybe a couple of years down the road, but not now. The best bang for the buck PQ wise on wide-screen lies with those "other technologies" that Mr. Bong hates so much.

I agonized for months over DLP, LCD, Plasma, RP/CRT; all of it, visiting Best Buy, Sears, Costco, Circuit City, everyone, many times 'til everyone was sick of the sight of me!. I lurked, snooped and asked questions on numerous forums beside this one. My choice was based on the best value, the "best bang for the buck." Plasma is not it.

I admit I'm intrigued by a TV that's only a couple of inches thick hanging on my wall, but until the Plasma Folks resolve the $$$ versus high resolution issue, I'll stick with my cheap DLP, which I'm enjoying more and more every day.

And YES, Tom, I'm well aware of the "lamp issue," (a non-issue with me); etc, etc.

Pniew
Unregistered guest
Steve Andresen
What DLP do you have. It sounded like you were explaining me in you post. Visiting BB once a week for months looking at every DLP, LCD ever made. Likeing one model then reading horror stories about it on forums ect ect... Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us