JVC HD-ILA VIEWING HIEGHT

Username: Mark293

Post Number: 1
My entertainment center in my new home will be built soon and I was wondering if you guys could inform me on what the optimal cabinet hieght should be to set the tv on. BTW I will be puchasing the 56" or the 61" set. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 63
The stand that came with my HD-61z575 HD-ILA is 20 inches high (19.75 if your picky)

Over all height with 61z is right at 61 inches tall. 20+41 =61 total

(You basiclly want the centerline of the TV to be at eye height.)

Sit as you normally would, then measure from the floor to your eyeball... put center of set at same height.

Bronze Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 65
PS, you could also mount the tv higher, and angle it down slighty.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 883
I think it depends a lot on your couch/chair height. I have a fairly tall couch, so I built my stand about 22" inches high. My friend has a "low rider" couch so his set sits on a stand only 14" tall.

The horizontal viewing angle of the JVC is quite good, so you don't need to find the perfect "sweet spot" like you do with Rear projection CRT sets.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 884
I think it depends a lot on your couch/chair height. I have a fairly tall couch, so I built my stand about 22" inches high. My friend has a "low rider" couch so his set sits on a stand only 14" tall.

The viewing angle of the JVC is quite good, so you don't need to find the perfect "sweet spot" like you do with Rear projection CRT sets.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us