? about using VCR plus on my pioneer dvr

Username: Kevinmb61

Valdosta, Ga Usa

Post Number: 4
I have a pioneer dvr rt500 & was wanting to use the VCR plus recording guide feature, but in the set up menu it wont even allow me to access that mode. Is there certain cable companies that do or do not allow the use of vdr plus format? I use mediacom and running it through their dvr box as well. Also my pioneer dvr never set its own clock automatically like it says it can. I set the clock manually. Am I capable of using the VCR plus guide feature on this via mediacom and my mediacom dvr box?

thanks Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1668
You have to connect the cable straight into the recorder to use VCR+ and auto clock set, it won't work with the box.

Username: Kevinmb61

Valdosta, Ga Usa

Post Number: 5
Thanks David, I wondered about that, but it says nothing in instructions about that (naturally!) I will try that, then my next ? will be if I run it thru the Pioneer dvr first, can I run thru cable box next and be ok??? I assume so ,,of course I know what happens when I assume. I do recall intstructions giving very breif scenerios of what will and won't record if run straight thru first or if thru another device, but I didn't realize that was what that meant. thanks again

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1669
Unless you've got digital cable or your TV can't get the cable channels, you don't need the box. Yes, you can put it after the recorder. DVD recorders just pass the incoming RF signal, they don't output through the RF.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us