Sony rdr-gx315

Username: Highdef

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone, I thank you very much for taking the time to try to help me on my issue. I just purchased a sony dvd-rw model rdr-gx315 stand alone. It is connected to my Samsung directv-tivo dvr. The problem I have is when I try recording from my DVR to my dvd-rw it copies the first 12 seconds then says "You cannot record copy-right material" etc..... This is when I try coping boxing fights from HBO. What can I do to bypass this? Also what can I use to bypass when I attempt to copy from DVD to DVD (movies)? Thanks again for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1667
The premium channels use copy once protection, that's why you can't copy them after you've already recorded them. Record straight to DVD and skip the DVR. They will be better quality that way anyway.

Username: Highdef

Post Number: 2
So there is no way to do this on stuff I have already recorded?

fx
Unregistered guest
Mike,

Often the cable company simply is setting the 5C copy flag incorrectly. I copied the BAD (Boxing After Dark) card from HBO to my DVR and then later to a DVD via an S- Video connection.

I suggest you speak to someone in the engineering (not the customer service) department at whatever provider you have. Be sure to mention that you believe they are improperly setting the 5C copy protection flag.

Good luck,

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us