HELP! PLEASE! SIMA CT-200

Bronze Member
Username: Talosian

Los Angeles, Calif. USA

Post Number: 13
I am at the point where I either want to scream and/or take a 12 gague to my equipment.

I am going VHS to DVD using a Turtle Beach Videa Advantage USB 2.0 capture unit.

I started with a SIMA CT-1 to try to back up some of my VHS tapes, both former rentals which I own and can not be replaced and some shows I taped off TV several years ago.

I kept getting the "Copy Protecton" issue stopping the recording. So I read how the SIMA CT-200 seems to work great and I read 99% positive about it here so I got one and had it shipped to me in Mexico.

So far, I have been able to back up one Warner Bros. Star Trek episode. When I try to back up other VHS tapes, both older tapes, some 2-5 years old and some very old (5+ years) VHS tapes, I am stopped due to copy protection.

I have tried all the settings including B&W and triple checked all the connections. The green light blinks properly, I can cycle through the options on the unit and see the results on the monotor screen, etc., but still no positive results.

I am using composite transfer since I do not have an S-video output on my VHS player.

I am several hundred dollars into all this and hate the idea of giving up and just trying to cut my losses.

Any help/suggestions will be more than appreciated.

Thanks.

JTO Electronics
Unregistered guest
This units work great however you need to use it with a home DVD recorder, and not a USB capture devise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us