? for Cable Guy or anyone that can help

Anonymous

I have Comcast HD and ESPN HD and TNT HD have been been both blurry . Pixation (is that the word>;O) is very bad on both channels. The cable guy came today and fixed some of the channels that were doing this and not coming in at all. What could be the problem? I have my cable running through my receiver but I hooked up the cable directly to the TV and it did the same thing. Any help would be appreciated. We are going to call Comcast again later today.

Thanks....

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 367
If it's just those two channels it's possible there is some interference at that frequency those channels are located, which would explain the pixilating you are seeing. It may be in your house wiring, or the wire from outside to your house, or even further back in the main cables that feed your neighborhood. If you know somebody that lives close by with an HDTV and has the same channels, have them check it to see if the problem exist there as well. If it does, it's an area problem that needs to be corrected. If you don't see the problem there, it would indicated the line feeding your house or the internal wiring is causing the problem.

Anonymous

Thanks for your response. We have another HD box in the house without this problem so I guess you are saying that the cables to that particular box are at fault. I appreciate your knowledge!

Thanks again...

<><
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us