No convergence on 52" Zenith projection

Unregistered guest
My 52" Zenith will not converge properly. Up to this point, it has been a flawless TV. Any tips or things to look for, maybe I can fix myself? (I know little or nothing about TVs, but I am a very good auto mechanic, so I am inclined!)

Anonymous

Hi, I know little or nothing myself but I can tell you based on my experience with my 52" RCA that I have and am now having problems with the convergence again. Does the screen have an hour glass apperance when you look at the picture? If so you may need to repair/replace the regulator which is what the repair man did to mine one year ago and it worked perfect until 2 days ago and now the same problem is back. The convergence keeps popping out of line, I can turn the tv off and back on and it will line up again for a short while but justs pops back out agian which is very annoying. I called the repair man today to see if he could shine some light on the problem, he seemed suprise that it is happening again. He told me to bring it in ($45 just to look) and he would work with me as far as price but the warranty was for 30 days so of course it's been over 1 year and I am out of luck for a freebe. The last time it cost a total of $190.79 { $38.85 - parts: regulator STK730-130, SC Tax: $1.94 and Labor: $150.00 = Grand Total $190.79}. I posted my problem on this site today so keep a watch on it (RCA convergence problem...AGAIN...HELP) and maybe we will both get our question answered... Good Luck... let me know if I can help in any way...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us