Installing Directv HD in a Newly Built Home Question

Bronze Member
Username: Nachoman91

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 20
Directv installation questions. I am building a new house and would like to install the system myself. I am installing an Oval HD Directv triple line dish.

1. Upon inspection of my current dish I notice it has 4 coax connections but only 2 of the connections are being used, meaning 2 coax lines are connected. Why is that? Can I use all 4 connection points?

2. If I'm installing 4 TV's in the house can I split both lines coming from my dish to 4 way splitters each?

3. If each line is goes through a 4 way splitter will I be able to watch different programming on all 4 TV's at the same time.

4. How much signal degradation will I lose from splitting the lines? Is there a signal booster I can buy to help this if it's a problem or won't it be a problem?

Sorry for the stupid questions but I'm a novice that this.

grimreeper
Unregistered guest
1 the lnb is set up for 4 recievers
2youll need 4 reivers or youll have to split the signal coming out of your recievers and watch the same thing on 2 tvs from one reciever and the same thing on 2 fron the other
3 4 way splitter wont work
4 if you split the lines coming out of the reciever and run to 2 differant tvs youll see little to no loss.
your best bet is a reciever for each tv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us