Missing Channels

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
I have a cool 4000 up and running and am recieving all channels on echo6/8, but on echo 7 i'm missing channel's like mtv,spike,sci-fi,espn. I have the latest bin installed and have tried blind scans more than once but it does not seem to pick them up. What am I doing wrong?

4 caveman
Unregistered guest
try to get stronger signal B 4 scan, try it in a clear day.

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
You were right I moved the dish a little to get a better sinal on echo7 and then rescaned, they are all there now.

Username: 111283

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Anybody's service crap out last night ? I was cruisin along fine will all channels when I lost everything at 9:00pm last night ( echo 6,8 and echo 7 )

Cheers

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
Everything still running for me.

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
Do you have a Cool sat 4000 Pro ?

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
yes I have a Cool Sat 4000 Pro, I've just notice that those channels aren't coming in again, the rest on echo 7 have good signal strengh, I'm wondering if my dish is too small to get a good signal( i'm in the interior of B.C Canada). I'm using a BEV 20" dish with dual lnbf's, I have an old starchoice dish and wondering if I can put the lnb's on it since it a 30", I've noticed the skew here is minimal to recieve both sat's and since starchoice has no way of turning dish for skew, wondering if it will still pick them both up?

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 6
Which channels aren't you getting ? I'm not getting Discovery, TLC, A&E etc...

Weird, I re-flashed my receiver, and now I'm getting channels I wasn't getting last night... I didn't change my dish position or anything...

I was told the starcho1ce dishes were no good. I'm using a be11 expressview dish, with dual lnb's ( 18" I think ) I've got good signal strength here in Ottawa.

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 7
Okay.... Here's the latest, turns out when I re-flashed I used an old .stb file. Tried re-flashing it with the current .stb file and did the whole re-scan thing... Now I've got everything back to the way it used to be....

I'm confused.... Hopefully it will last this time !!!

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
Yes I am getting everthing except Discovery,scifi,mtv,spike, those channels, everything else is working fine. Good to hear you solved your proplem, are you getting the channels I'm not?

Username: Langing

York

Post Number: 2
I HAVE A COOLSATPRO 4000 HOW CAN I OPEN ALL MY CHANNELS.

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 8
Yep, I'm getting them all. I found that re-flashing the receiver, doing a blind scan an autoscan and then confirming my dish settings made the difference. I had to make a small change in the configurattion for 119W. The commitment should be two and not one. It may make your signal quality drop, but it fixes the problem. How it does it I don't know, it makes no sense, but I'm not going to try and figure it out.

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
thanks I'll give that a try!

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
Well I gave that a try and still nothing, it's strange I've noticed that the channels I am not recieving or that have a weak signal are in the H polarization, all in the V come in with a strong signal. Does anyone out there know what I'm doing wrong or is it just that the dish needs fine tunning?

THE DUCK
Unregistered guest
-A CAVEMAN GO BACK TO THROWING ROCKS U JIRK.

Missing channels
Unregistered guest
Caveman34, I am having the same problems you are. I have tried two different dishes with the same missing channels and not getting H polarized signal. If you find a fix please post it. My next attempt will be to change to a third dish that i can adjust the skew, but that will have to wait for better weather here.

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
I have a dish where you can adjust the skew but no matter where I put the skew it doesn't seem to help?
I'll keep on trying and let you know what I come up with.

{}ui
Unregistered guest
You may need to adjust your frequency on those tps.Go to Lyngsat. com

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
how do you adjust the frequency's? I have a Cool sat?

{}ui
Unregistered guest
Caveman34 tps can be adjusted in manual scan...go down to freqs....find tp by going right or left...then press any no. button...you will get a edit screen... make any necessary changes.goodluck

Caveman34
Unregistered guest
I'll give it a try!

Missing channels
Unregistered guest
After adjusting my dishes multiple times I have almost all the channels, but for some reason the switch does not seem to be working properly. The switch doesn't seem to be consistant when changing between 110 and 119. When surfing sometimes the switch will work and other times I have to change it manually in the set up. At least I have eliminated the alignment & coax as being the cause. Next will be to try a different switch.
One of the dishes I am using is a Dish 500, does anyone know if this has a built in switch. Wondering if I am fighting two switches at the same time.

Anonymous

HI VIBR 8TOR Guy
plz help fill for pantec (FORTEC STAR)plz man

Anonymous

HI VIBR 8TOR Guy....................

Anonymous

HI....p l z help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts