ABC in Suburban Chicago??

Username: D_singh

Post Number: 6
I live in north suburban Chicago and I recieve all local broadcasts in digital transmission, except for ABC. 2, 5, 9, 11, 20, 26, 32, 38, 50, and even 60 all come in digital. My question is, should I re-direct my antenna just a smidgen to recieve ABC in digital (or HD) and sacrifice the nonsense 38 and 60, or is just that ABC does not broadcast in digital? I really want to be able to Monday Night Football on the big screen in HD.

fx
Unregistered guest
Go to www.antennaweb.org

Enter your address or zipcode and you can see what channels are being broadcast in digital in your reception area, ehat direction to point your antanna and which type (color codes) of antenna will work best for you.

xvxvxvx

Gold Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 2583
For gods sake, adjust your antenna. MNF aside(which is a biggie), I couldnt imagine watching "Lost" in low def. From Chicago, You should be able to get all the major networks via a small settop antenna. If a minor adjustment is necessary to receiver ABC, then it's no biggie.

Username: Dstraight

Post Number: 4
I am also in North Suburb Chicago (Glencoe). With my cheap ($39) indoor antenna from radio shack on the second floor, I am able to get HD channel 7 easily. Actually, I had more trouble with channel 2 but am now getting it fine with a little tweaking. I have the antenna pointed south-east. Also, be sure to extend the VHS dipoles - they are crtical for channels 2-13.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us